• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Topics aren't being completed added to project

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2007 Jul 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an existing RH project that has been used for a long time. We are now trying to replace existing files with newer files that have different file names. The gotcha is that the new imported file to the project has the same topic title as an existing file that exists in the project. We then remove the old file, but the new file never shows up in the Topic list in the left pane viewer. It does show up in the right pane HTML file listing, however.

When we try to hook CSH IDs, none of the new topics added appear in the Topic list to choose. However, when we look at the various .HHP, XPJs, etc., all the new file names are there.

We can right click in the right pane HTML file listing that DOES contain the newly added files, we can get Properties and we see that its props are pointing to the old file name that shared the topic title, even though no supporting project files list that file any longer.

Anyone have an idea why RH might be getting confused or how we can get the newly added files visible in the project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

When you refer to the topic list in the left pane, I wonder if you are looking at the Table of Contents or Project Manager.

If a topic is in the Topic List, it is going to be in Project Manager. The TOC though is something that you have to manually edit.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, thanks for the Welcome.

Definitely not looking at the TOC. It's actually the Project tab that shows the HTML Files listing. The files are missing from there, but they do show up in the right pane with the Topics tab selected.

The real crux of the problem is that we're migrating to DITA and outputting HTML from there and hoping to pull that back into RH. There are issues, the biggest of whic is not only this, but now we're seeing that RH is choking on French (translated) content. Can't wait to get off this and use DITA exclusively, but don't have a backend frameset in the short term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create this in something you can send me? I don't think I have ever seen a situation where files show in the topic list and not project manager.

Do the topics have something in their title tag?

Have you tried switching from View By File Name to View By Title?

Have you tried the Expand All option to see if somehow the files are hiding somewhere else?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can send you a screen shot, but this reply tool doesn't let me attach a file. Do you have an email you'd like to share?

Also, even though our French content compiles fine with a 1252 charset, the RH TOC, Index, and Search tabs still mangle some of the text (but the browser renders it fine). Any tricks to get RH to recognize the appropriate 1252 characters (the project is set to French). The tab labels are fine, and the content in the .hhc etc. are fine, but RH still seems to choke when rendering the content in its tabs/frame set

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can contact me via my site but you've suddenly started talking about new issues but not covered my last questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! I'll send you a note. I'll answer your last questions there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 25, 2007 Jul 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If file names have diacritical marks, RH may not like them.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2007 Jul 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Harvey, but the file names have only standard characters in their names. They do have underscores, but so did all the others during the long history of this existing RH project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp