• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to override the behaviour which closes other topics when you click other ones?

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2007 Jul 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Anyone knows if this is possible? I want to be able to expand several topics and not have them collapsed automatically when other topics are clicked.

Thanks alot,
Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you are after here Tim. Are you wanting to have several topics open and displayed at the same time? Are you referring to the TOC? Prey do tell and we will all chip in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colum.

Basically what I want is this: when you click a topic in a chm file, it shows the topic but also collapses the other expanded sections in the contents tab. The treeview control there doesn't let you to have 2 topics show in the hierarchy like so:

+ topic
- topic2
........- page2
- topic3
.........- page3

Thanks,
Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2007 Jul 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is not possible?

Thanks again,
Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim. I know it can be done as RH's own help does this. Trouble is for the life of me I can't reproduce this. It's been awhile since I've had to mess around with window properties and SSL (it has be one of these). Hopefully someone else can chip in or this can wait unless I get home from work when I can devote more time to discovering the combination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man!

I will try this SSL, but if you can find out the setting later, if you have the time, that would be great.

Thanks alot again,
Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

I tried several settings in those 2 places, but it doesn't change the result. But are you sure you are clicking the book name in the TOC and not the +/- sign? Because if you expand collapse using +/- signs, this behaviour doesn't occur. But when you click the book/topic name, it closes everything else in that level.

Please help.

Thanks again,
Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim

The +/- signs are the only way to accomplish multiple open books if you are also using the "Single click to open books" setting. If you disable that setting, you must double-click to open books, but the others don't collapse. Microsoft actually refers to this setting as "Only expand a single heading".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2007 Jul 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's not possible?

Thanks,
Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim

I didn't say it wasn't possible. I said that if you configure your TOC with certain options, you may influence the behavior.

So it's quite possible to have multiple books open. There are two ways to do it.

If the "Single click to open books" option is enabled you can use the Plus/Minus signs.

If you are NOT using the "Single click to open books" option you have to double-click to expand the books. But you may have multiple books open at once.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick. I tried it and it worked! I appreciate your help alot!

Thanks again,
Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp