Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

chm does not display context-sensitive topics

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My CHMs do not display the topic that goes with the context. The topic title is highlighted in the index, but the topic does not appear in the viewing pane unless the user intervenes by clicking the topic title.

The users were accustomed to just pressing F1 to make the context-sensitive help appear. Now they have to read a title and click it. How can I fix this to avoid making the users work so much?

Otherwise, everything seems to be fine. The index and TOC display correctly (except that the index is not in alphabetical order--is that normal?).

Thanks very much for any advice you can offer.
RCE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 25, 2007 Jul 25, 2007
Hello, and thank you for your response. In fact, it turns out that the problem is now solved thanks to a developer who "changed the method of calling the help files". I don't know exactly what that entailed, but it does not involve anything on the RoboHelp side.
(Meanwhile I was following the advice given in the preceding message, but they don't need me to fix anything anymore. Still, it was a learning experience! Thank you anyway.)
RCE

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that problem, I got a new map file, deleted the old chm file, recompiled and the contents came back to life using f1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2007 Jul 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello, and thank you for your response. In fact, it turns out that the problem is now solved thanks to a developer who "changed the method of calling the help files". I don't know exactly what that entailed, but it does not involve anything on the RoboHelp side.
(Meanwhile I was following the advice given in the preceding message, but they don't need me to fix anything anymore. Still, it was a learning experience! Thank you anyway.)
RCE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp