Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording in Captivate 2

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2007 Jul 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have noticed that everytime I start recording, my wireless desktop starts acting goofy. About halfway through my recording, the compouter makes the sound like a USB device has been unplugged, and then my devices become unavailable!! They won't even reconnect afterwords. I contacted Logitech, and they tell me it is a conflict with Captivate. I can believe that, as when using captivate is the ONLY time I ever have this problem.. Is there any fix to this? It is absolutely MADDENING!!
My hardware is as follows:

DELL Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Core Duo @ 1.86Ghz
2GB DDR2 memory
160GB Hard drive
128MB X300 ATi Graphics card
Logitech DiNovo Wireless Blue-tooth Desktop

It wouldn't be so bad, but when it happens I have to scramble to get to my touchpad (which SUCKS TO RECORD WITH!), in order to even end the recording process.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

-Jeremy
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2007 Jul 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremy

I have nearly the same configuration.

Dell Inspiron 6400
2 Gigs DDR2 RAM
Core Duo 1.66 GHz
60 gig hard drive

But I don't have the Logitech DiNovo Wireless Blue-tooth Desktop. I don't have any really bad issues with Captivate. As the only real difference seems to be the Logitech DiNovo Wireless Blue-tooth Desktop, I'm wondering if this is the issue here. And I'm also wondering what in the world it actually is (or does). I would assume it provides BlueTooth support of some sort.

While I'm not suggesting that Captivate should be excused for not working in this configuration, I'm wondering if there is a way to disable it, even temporarily, to see if the behavior changes with respect to Captivate. If so, it could provide some relief.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2007 Jul 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rick!

Thank you for a quick response! The diNovo Desktop is a wireless Keyboard/mouse setup provided by logitech.. Here is a link to it:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard_mice_combos/devices/164&cl=us,en

The wireless desktop has software that goes with it, and I tried disableing the software (just utilizing the basic keyboard/mouse functions), and it still does it. I have no clue why. I tried contacting Logitech, and after a couple of emails back and forth with a support tech,I was told it hadto be a software conflict. I know that captivate has quirky issues (like after inserting an animation on a slide), so I was basically wondering if this was another one, or if someone else had experienced this, and had an idea on a quicfix..

If you need any more info, I am more than happy to provide it!

Thanks!

-Jeremy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources