• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Source Code Syntax Highlighting

Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I am a Newbie. I would like to create a technical document using Framemaker and I have some questions.

1. Is there a way to include source code from other source code editors like Sublime Text, Programming Language IDE etc?

Basically, I would like to copy source code listing with color syntax highlighting from a IDE,  "paste" it into Framemakers

and still preserving all the source code fonts, color highlighting alignment etc.

Thanks and hope someone can advice me.

Regards

Alan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much at once? Less than a page? Full page? Multiple pages?

How are these editors presenting this prettified source to the user? If HTML, and you can access the raw HTML, various workflow possibilities arise.

Does the editor have the ability to export or save the prettified to RTF, Word, PDF, HTML, etc?

Does the editor have at least have the ability to print the prettified code? Print to PDF and import, then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, that makes sense – I've included views from my preferred XML/DITA environment with the "print to .pdf" option, and very smart they look too :-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines