Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems uninstalling Presenter 9 for Presenter 10

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 7 Pro:

I have TCS. I was upgrading to the newest version of TCS, which included Presenter 10 vs Presenter 9 in the previous TCS bundle. I was unable to install Presenter 10. So, I attempted to uninstall Presenter 9. No luck. It was not in my Control Panel > Programs. So, I uninstalled it as an add-in PowerPoint. Then, I pulled out all the registry info. Then, I deleted the files. Now, I didn't resort to regedit and file deletion right away. I tried several other options. All to no avail. Presenter wasn't showing itself. So, it could not be uninstalled conventionally. However, after all these things, it still will not let me run the Presenter 10 installer because of previous versions. Please advise.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

the first thing you should try when losing an uninstaller (adobe's or otherwise), is to reinstall the program.  that will usually restore the uninstaller so you can properly uninstall.

at this point, i'm not sure what will help you, but it's worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the first thing you should try when losing an uninstaller (adobe's or otherwise), is to reinstall the program.  that will usually restore the uninstaller so you can properly uninstall.

at this point, i'm not sure what will help you, but it's worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took your idea, and re-ran the uninstall for the previous TCS version. Presenter 9 was still there. I uninstalled it yet again (after pulling out the regedit and deleting files), and this time it worked. I was able to install. While not the precise answer, it gave me inspiration. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources