Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer won't install

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the message:

"Adobe Reader could not open 'install_flash_player_osx-2.dmg' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

Tried Firefox and Safari, used the application for Mac.

I have a Macmini, OS X 10.6.8 which Adobe says should take Flashplayer 14. But no luck. Tried several times.

Appreciate your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the error message, it sounds like you're trying to open the Flash Player installer using Adobe Acrobat.  That's not going to work.

Open Finder, locate the Install_Flash_Player_OSX.dmg (it's probably in Downloads or Desktop), and double click it.

This should mount the disk image (dmg) and open a new finder window with the installer icon.  Double click that and the installer should start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeromie:

I still don't have an application, just alias and copy and websites are telling me I have to upgrade.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines