• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Does Not Open in WebHelp Generated with RoboHelp 11

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The TOC does not open in WebHelp Generated with RoboHelp 11. I tried other solutions posted on this forum but no success. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sooo many unanswered questions!

How is the WebHelp being opened? Is it linked to an application or do folks just click a link to open it?

When WebHelp opens, is there a pane on the left where the TOC should be, but it's empty? Or is there no pane?

What browser are you using? Have you tried it using a different browser?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, where is the help located? Locally or on a webserver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for responding! I uninstalled and reinstalled RoboHelp 11 and the WeHelp appears to display OK now. BUT, I have graphics in my project that are not displaying, only the empty placeholder for the graphics. This was displaying fine in WebHelp generated with RoboHelp 9 but not now. I see the graphics when I do “Preview Topic” but not in the generated WebHelp. Any clues what is causing this behavior? How can I correct it?

My tables appear very strange too. They are the default table in RoboHelp with the raised gray/silver border. However, in WebHelp, the tables appear as double solid black lines for the border. The tables appear fine in the topic but when viewed via “Preview Topic” and WebHelp output, they are double black likes. Help!

Another thing is that I also get an occasional message about a topic that says “The reference to the file contains illegal characters and will not be shown in Project Manager. How can this be? My css is valid and I use it in numerous help projects.

Once again, thanks so much for your willingness to help. It is much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Psst – you only have to reply to one of us for all of us to see the response ;>)

Maybe you need to take some screenshots & post them to show us what you’re seeing – use the web interface of the forum to add images to your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff,

Please see image below. All I did was an upgrade from RoboHelp 9 to RoboHelp 11, nothing else. Your help is appreciated.

Topic Definition in RoboHelp 11 (this is how it should appear):

Topic Preview (note totally different table layout):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try again – you need to use the web interface to be able to add screenshots (use the camera icon)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topic Definition in RoboHelp 11 (this is how it should appear):Topic.jpg

Topic Preview (note totally different table layout) also appears this way when I generate:

Topic Preview.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I’d verify that the actual WebHelp output looks the same way – the preview isn’t always what you actually get. If it’s still messed up, I’d be looking at the table style definition used in the topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. It does look screwed up in the WebHelp output. I also generated HTML Help and the table look fine in the CHM. It’s only the WebHelp output. There is nothing wrong with the table definition. This happened when I upgraded to RoboHelp 11. All was well in version 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is your table is formatted with inline styling whereas Rh now uses CSS styling. If you right click in a table you can see if a CSS style has been applied and you can tick a box Remove Inline Styling. See if that fixes anything, or makes it worse! Backup first.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Your suggestion does not work. It totally removes the border from around the table and cells. By the way, the name of the option is Clean Table Inline Formatting.

Just for grins, I created a totally new project and used Adobe’s default.css. I get the same results with the table, double borders with solid black lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As well as deleting the inline styling, did you apply a CSS style.

Sorry I didn't open Rh just to look up the exact wording of the field label.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

It appears that RoboHelp is overriding my table definition. See below. How can I correct this behavior? Thanks!

HTML view after defining (default) table stable style in RoboHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was there supposed to be an image? You can only include images via the web interface.

Pull this table into a new project and check it still gives grief. Send that project to me following the instructions on my site.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for responding! I uninstalled and reinstalled RoboHelp 11 and the WeHelp appears to display OK now. BUT, I have graphics in my project that are not displaying, only the empty placeholder for the graphics. This was displaying fine in WebHelp generated with RoboHelp 9 but not now. I see the graphics when I do “Preview Topic” but not in the generated WebHelp. Any clues what is causing this behavior? How can I correct it?

My tables appear very strange too. They are the default table in RoboHelp with the raised gray/silver border. However, in WebHelp, the tables appear as double solid black lines for the border. The tables appear fine in the topic but when viewed via “Preview Topic” and WebHelp output, they are double black likes. Help!

Another thing is that I also get an occasional message about a topic that says “The reference to the file contains illegal characters and will not be shown in Project Manager. How can this be? My css is valid and I use it in numerous help projects.

Once again, thanks so much for your willingness to help. It is much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp