Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Presenter Video Issues

Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported an MP4 video into my PowerPoint presentation with presenter.  When I play the imported version on preview, it only plays part of the video and stops mid-way.  I have verified that the video I imported is the full length version from viewing the original.  I tried deleting the imported video and reimporting it. This did not fix the problem.  It keeps stopping at the same place.  Can you please explain how to make the full length video import and play?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

HM, you may need to try re-creating the hyperlinks, and see if that helps. It may come down to a process of elimination of objects on the slide to figure out why the links don't work.

For video converters, you can look at using the Adobe Media Encoder. You should be able to use version 6 without a CC membership, not sure about version 7. Adobe - Adobe Media Encoder : For Windows. Otherwise, you might want to try handbreak, as it is free. If you like Movavi, then that seems like a reasonable opti

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it play all the way through when viewing the published version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still trying to fix other issues with the presentation so I haven't published it yet.  Some of my hyperlinks that previously worked in preview and a previous published version are no longer working in my preview as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always taken the preview with Captivate and Presenter with a grain of salt. They seem to be mostly accurate, but, since they are not the final output, they can have some inaccuracies. Captivate has seemed to face this more in the past (I can't speak too much to it now since I just don't that feature much), but publishing locally and viewing the content has always worked to give an honest idea of what is or is not working.

As to the hyperlinks, did they get a shadow or any other formatting done to them? That can cause them to no longer work when Presenter converts the presentation to Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't utilized Captivate at all. Just PowerPoint with Adobe Presenter throughout this process.  I published the presentation once with Presenter and found it had a couple of glitches, video issues (which I fixed with your help) and a couple of URL and hyperlink issues but the presentation worked for the most part.  In the last couple of days for some reason, when I view the presentation in preview, I noticed some of the slides are not going to the next slide even though the hyperlinks (NEXT arrow) are programmed correctly when I checked them.  I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Did they get a shadow or any other formatting done to them?"  What's a shadow??  I haven't changed any of their formatting.  They were working fine a couple of days ago. The only thing I can think of is that I had to save the presentation without macro-enabled.  Does that have any consequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was bringing up Captivate since it had the preview function before Presenter (and Presenter didn't get it until the Captivate product team took ownership of Presenter). The bigger point is, don't trust the functionality in preview to be what will be in the published version. Something may not translate or convert correctly in preview mode, while it will in a full publishing of the presentation.

Many mast slide decks are set up to automatically place a drop shadow on hyperlinks. This has been known to cause hyperlinks to not work.

Presenter - Shadow.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see any shadowing on the hyperlinks that weren't working.  In the meantime, I figured out the 1/2 video problem... I used a free downloaded version of Wondershare to convert my video .MOV to .MP4 (which I've been told Presenter prefers), and apparently it was only a trial version (free) which deliberately converts only half of the video.  I checked Movavi converter and it does the same unless you buy it.  I'm trying handbrake video converter now to see if that one will convert a full version.  Any suggestions, other than buying one of these software versions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HM, you may need to try re-creating the hyperlinks, and see if that helps. It may come down to a process of elimination of objects on the slide to figure out why the links don't work.

For video converters, you can look at using the Adobe Media Encoder. You should be able to use version 6 without a CC membership, not sure about version 7. Adobe - Adobe Media Encoder : For Windows. Otherwise, you might want to try handbreak, as it is free. If you like Movavi, then that seems like a reasonable option, I personally like using AVS, and it is priced similar to Movavi.

Presenter should be able to convert your MOV to FLV as well, though you don't have much control over most of the settings in the conversion process. You can import FLV or MP4 without Presenter doing any conversions. Other formats that Presenter will take will be converted to FLV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jorma.  Re-creating the hyperlinks worked.  I installed Handbrake for to convert the video .MOV to .MP4 without incurring a cost. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Throughout this entire process, I've noted that on my Dell Latitude E6510, with Windows 7 SP1 64 bit, Microsoft 2010, and Adobe Presenter 10 (and also with Presenter 7) ribbon add on, that the Microsoft PowerPoint is not real responsive (often locks up and I have to wait ten minutes for it to respond).  It takes several minutes to save after recording, 20 minutes to preview and about 20 minutes to publish.  Do you know what is causing this slow behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a conflict between the two versions of Presenter installed on the same computer, but that is a shot in the dark. I'd try going to one verison of Presenter and see if that helps.

PPT should not be that unresponsive, but the preview/publish process can take a while, if you are working on large presentations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ininstalled the Presenter 7 and the trial version of Presenter 10 prior to installing the licensed version so that can't be it.  Any other suggestions?

The presentation is about 150 slides, so I suppose that may be why it takes so long to preview and publish. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My only other suggestion is to completely uninstall Presenter, verify that PPT is running better, and then reinstall Presenter 10. If that doesn't work you may need to work with Adobe Support to identify the conflict/issue causing the problem.

Any other suggestions I would have would be a WAG (wild a** guess).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the suggestion.  I may have to reach out to Support on that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources