• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeated install requests for already installed version

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using windows XP Pro with flash player version 14.0.0.145 currently installed - Adobe pop up keeps asking to install latest version - does a download and then does an install with error message saying permissions error - but there is no permission issue and the latest version is already installed - been doing this for years now

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

I have looked at one of my other computers with identical permissions and don't get the same message when looking at the install log file - so i deduce that the xp operating system is the problem - there are internet solutions on how to fix a corrupt xp permssions setting - i will have to try that out - just to let u know thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your browser?  What is the exact error you are getting?

Also, can you post the content of the FlashInstall.log file in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE 8 and the file "flashinstall.log" says access denied when trying to view with any text reader and the error message after the download progress bar and install progress bar have reached 100% - just says install failed and you do not have the required permissions- which is nonsense because I do have the required windows permissions and as i said the latest version is already installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have Administrator rights to the computer in order to complete the installation.  Given that you don't have permission to open the associated logs, I'm thinking that you're not an admin.  You'll need someone with administrative rights to do this for you, or add you to the Administrators group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks for your reply but I do have, and have had admin rights for 10 years on this computer, and no one else has ever used it - I am the only user and have installed millions of programs over the years - its XP with every update MS has ever issued

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have looked at one of my other computers with identical permissions and don't get the same message when looking at the install log file - so i deduce that the xp operating system is the problem - there are internet solutions on how to fix a corrupt xp permssions setting - i will have to try that out - just to let u know thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines