• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will a form that I created in Dreamweaver work on BC?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create a form in Dreamweaver CC 2014, and upload it to my Business Catalyst site, will it work?

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

A form will not have any functionality in BC unless you create the form in BC. Custom fields and system fields need to match the system ID's generated from those forms to be able to function with the system.

You can grab the html from the forms you make and style, edit and modify the html and css for those as much as you want. (As long as you do not change the ID/Name of the form fields, so again, BC knows where to submit the data to, along with the form action)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify something that Liam said, there are no ID attributes (referring to HTML attributes) that matter on BC forms. The attributes that BC looks at are as follows:

• "name" attribute on input, textarea, and select elements
  • "action" and "method" attributes on the form element

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my 2 cents, just to clarify, a form is HTML it will work anywhere on any system (basically), saving or doing something the data when you submit is another story and Adam and Liam cover that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help,  I probably could have worded my question better, but between the three replies I definitely have my answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines