• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a RoboHelp shortcut for toggling case, like Shift-F3 in Word?

Participant ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Word I often use Shift-F3 to change the case of selected text, toggling between Initial Caps, ALL CAPS, and lowercase.

Is there a way of achieving the equivalent In Robohelp?

My muscle memory works for other shortcuts, like CTRL-K for a link, which are common between Word and RoboHelp (and other apps, such as Excel), but it fails on this one. I'd be happy to retrain it if there was a new shortcut to learn.

(I watched @maxwell Hoffman's  webhinar on RoboHelp shortcuts, but it didn't include one for this.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2014 May 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No shortcut in RoboHelp. You could try a macro program such as Macro Express to set something up. There are also some free apps that do the same.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter, Is it possible at all? Perhaps a menu item I'm overlooking? This is a major pain for me as many of my source docs come with uppercase titles. In the past, I've written macros in Word to open, change, save, and close bulk groups of Word docs, but it sure would be nice if I could do it as part of my normal formatting routine in RH. Thanks, Shelley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with creating macros (in anything), but there are shortcut keys that you can use to accomplish changing from uppercase to lowercase (and then to sentence case).

CTRL+D - Opens the Font window.

ALT+W - Changes to lowercase.

ALT+Z - Changes to capitalize.

You can't change from all caps to just capitalized. You'd have to first change to lowercase and then go back in and change to capitalize.  So... it could be that you could create a macro to do all of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but it is a macro solution. Also using a macro does not actually change the text, instead it applies a span tag so that it displays as required. Thus iPad would appear as IPAD but the HTML would achieve that by applying a span tag. That will be ignored if you have generate printed documentation and there you would still get iPad.

I think you would be better off reverting to fixing the problem in Word first.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok. Thanks, Peter. That's what I thought, I just wanted to double check that I wasn't missing anything. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp