• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Flash on osx 10.9.2, can't quit "PluginProcess"

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's basically 1999 and I have to install the "Flash Plugin" for my wife who primarily visits fashion blogs and other sites who rely on hideous Flash advertisements however this isn't currently working on this operating system.  I close all browsers and this "PluginProcess" remains, cannot be quit, is not visible in the list of processes in Activity Monitor, and impedes my ability to install this fine piece of software. 

Can someone please enlighten me as to how Adobe Flash Plugin is actually installed or how I can quit this "PluginProcess?"

I realize Flash is being retired, but is there any way to get it installed before the Fashion/Ad industry (two industries dominated by 90yo idiots) finally gets a clue?

Thank you from a very frustrated citizen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When performing a clean install, before rebooting the system, make sure the check-box for 'Reopen windows when logging back in' (in the 'Are you sure you want to restart/shutdown your computer now' dialog window) is not selected.  Otherwise, it'll re-open the windows/apps using the Flash Player and you'll end up in the same loop.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines