• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 12 Upgrade Assistance

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm upgrading from 7.2 to 12.0. Having lots of issues. My IT department does not support Framemaker, nor has any experience with the program. Can you direct me to resources where I can get technical assistance to help me in the conversion?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having issues upgrading the software or your docs? If the software, make sure that you have full admin rights to your machine & an Internet connection. Install issues are usually a free call to Adobe Support. Check out the TCS Installation forum too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've installed the software and fonts in the correct folder. My IT department will not give me administrative rights. When I open a book file, I get the message that I'm opening the file in a newer version. I can open it and save it as FM12. When I attempt to re-open the file I get a missing font message. When I try to update book, I get a message that it cannot update ungeneratable files. If I attempt to print the book or selected files, nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issues are probably related to your missing fonts. Which font is missing? FM12 has Fonts pod that allows you to replace missing fonts.

Try opening all of the files in the book (and deal with the error messages) before you update the book. You might even be better off creating a new book file, as there have been issues reported with updating older book files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ZapfDingbat is the missing font. I can't move on without it, as it's a major component of my layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don't have ZapfDingbats available anymore, then use (replace with) the Adobe Pi Std OTF font supplied in the \fminit\fontsd\Adobe folder. However, this font uses unicode codepoints instead of the ANSI 255 values of the Dingbats font. If you can get the Dingbats installed, then you won't have to remap values to unicode in order to get the correct symbols.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully they installed & updated it as an admin; otherwise you’re going to run into issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines