• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble installing Flash player update 14.0.0.177 for Chrome

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to help my mom update her flash player. She was running flash version 14.0.0.145 and having problems with it. I was checking things for her when I saw there was a newer version, 14.0.0.177, so I downloaded it. For Chrome you have to enable it in the plugins page, but the only version showing up was the old one. As far as I know, that is how it is installed. She has a windows computer with os windows 7. Is there something I am missing here, or something I should try that could help her get the newest version of flash running? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Hello,

The Flash Player version integrated in Chrome is updated by Google, not Adobe.  For this Flash Player release, it appears Google released Flash Player via a Chrome update (versus a components update, which they sometimes do), as per this page Chrome Releases: Stable Channel Update, which indicates 36.0.1985.143 as the version that contains the Flash Player update. You can navigate to chrome://chrome to trigger the update (or Tools > About Google Chrome which goes to the same page).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

The Flash Player version integrated in Chrome is updated by Google, not Adobe.  For this Flash Player release, it appears Google released Flash Player via a Chrome update (versus a components update, which they sometimes do), as per this page Chrome Releases: Stable Channel Update, which indicates 36.0.1985.143 as the version that contains the Flash Player update. You can navigate to chrome://chrome to trigger the update (or Tools > About Google Chrome which goes to the same page).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines