• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The WebHelp is not displaying in the Mozilla browser in Solaris environment

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2007 Jul 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any setting int he WebHelp to adjust the Length of the Navigationpane. The WebHelp is created with No skin option. The Output works fine in IE7 and Windows platform whereas in the Solaris environment and Mozilla browser, the navigation pane length is reduced.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 26, 2007 Jul 26, 2007
Thanks for the help.

I was able to trace that the issue was in the script file whphost file. I have changed the height to 100% and it worked fine. I was not able to give this information immediately to the forum.

Also, instead of everytime changing the height after creating the WebHelp, the user can change the template of the whphost.js script file present in the RoboHelp folders. User can locate this file in the Template folder of the installed RoboHelp files. Everytime you generate the WebH...

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same issue (but we are using a skin). I called Adobe Tech Support and they pointed me to a list of supported browsers/OSs and known display issues. Here is the link to the Tech Note: www.adobe.com/go/rb_69353b

It does not help us with our issue, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2007 Jul 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a Tech Note that appears to address the issue: Using Mozilla browser on Unix and Linux systems can cause the Left Navigation Pane (TOC, Index, Search) to be truncated.

Here is the link to the Tech Note. Maybe this will do the trick on Solaris, too?
http://www.adobe.com/go/rb_71113

If it works, we need to mark this as the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2007 Jul 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.

I was able to trace that the issue was in the script file whphost file. I have changed the height to 100% and it worked fine. I was not able to give this information immediately to the forum.

Also, instead of everytime changing the height after creating the WebHelp, the user can change the template of the whphost.js script file present in the RoboHelp folders. User can locate this file in the Template folder of the installed RoboHelp files. Everytime you generate the WebHelp, the script file is automatically generated with the changed height details.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Shanthi.S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI,

I realize this is a very old post, but I have the same issue and I cannot resolve it.

The TOC is truncated and causes scroll bars to appear when viewing the generated project in a Sun Solaris web browser on UNIX, Mozilla 1.7.  The rest of generated project displays and functions correctly. The TOC displays correctly in Firefox and IE.

I viewed Srishan's correct answer and all "height" references are already at 100% in the whphost file.

I'm at a complete loss........ any other suggestions would be truly appreciated! 

--RH 8.0.2.208

--Webhelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp