• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone seen the Search progress bar fail to update as the search is processed?

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from RH9 to RH10 (10.0.1.292). I applied all of the maintenance for RH10 listed on William van Weelden's site and generated WebHelp output. When viewing the output on the server through a browser, I occasionally see a delay in producing the search results list, but the Search progress bar never moves from Searching 0% while the search is executing and finally the search results list is displayed. Has anyone else experienced this?

P.S. This may be irrelevant to this issue, but I can use the same search arguments at different times throughout the day and get the same results list of 700+ topics in 2 seconds or in some cases two minutes. I have attributed the difference in elapsed time to server workload or network resources. Could it be problem with a script file?

Message was edited by: SHERYL JORNA I just saw a thread that described this problem, https://forums.adobe.com/message/4887676#4887676, but am surprised Adobe has not officially rolled out the fix. @PeterGrainge can you still provide the fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See my answer to your other post about this problem.

RoboHelp10 Search Progress Bar

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp