• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get Flash Player to run. I have windows 8.1 64 bit and Flash version 14.0.0.145  I have performed all the recommended 'fixes', (I think) but still nothing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

This is probably the result of changes in Internet Explorer 11 that cause JavaScript code on various websites to fail to work as expected.

You can try putting the site in Compatibility View:

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View - Windows Help

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend using Google Chrome as a workaround.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide some specifics on what exactly it is you're trying to do, the affected URL/URLs, what you see, and the exact steps you've taken to try and resolve the issue?  Otherwise, I'm just guessing about what fixes you think you've tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thanks for replying.

My problem is that when I want to view a video file that obviously is an Adobe Flash, I get a message that tells me I need to download Flash Player 10 or higher, but Windows 8 has it installed already, so I tried the 'fixes' i.e. ActiveX Filtering, making sure Flash is enabled, then did all the recommended deletes as per the Adobe website, such as remove the cache file and one other file (can't remember what it's called, but Adobe said to delete it). Adobe, and I love this bit, then said on their website, that if all this fails try using the blog!

I don't pretend to know too much about computers, so please bear with me, I somehow always seem to manage.

Derek

Life is a Merry Go Round, What goes around, Comes around.

ENJOY LIFE NOW - IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably the result of changes in Internet Explorer 11 that cause JavaScript code on various websites to fail to work as expected.

You can try putting the site in Compatibility View:

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View - Windows Help

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend using Google Chrome as a workaround.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi........

I looked at making the changes in explorer but to me it seemed far too cumbersome, so I downloaded Chrome, which I didn't like, so I tried Firefox which I have used previously, and this has done the trick. So I would like to thank you for your help and putting me on the right track.

Again, many thanks.

Life is a Merry Go Round, What goes around, Comes around.

ENJOY LIFE NOW - IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines