• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't download flash player on my MacBook!!

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download flash player on my Mac but when following the instructions of 'locate the Adobe Reader Installer file, named like “AdobeReaderInstaller[xxx].dmg”. and double click' nothing happens! An icon is added to my home screen but no matter what I do i can't get it to install like it says it should! Help please!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What page are you going to to download the Flash Player installer? Flash Player installer files don't have 'AdobeReader' in the file name.  Please be sure you're downloading the correct file.

--
Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just searched Adobe Reader in google and a page in which to download was the first link, so that is where I'm downloading from- or trying to! Not very good with computers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused, are you trying to install Adobe Flash Player or Adobe Reader?

To download Flash Player, go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

To download Adobe Reader, go to http://get.adobe.com/reader/

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not too sure!! This is what the page I'm wanting to use but can't as I haven't got what ever I need says! I have now tried both of those links and the same problems are occurring. I do what I am instructed to do but when double clicking the download folder for it, the screen I know i need to continue appears but then goes before anything loads. Not sure if you are following what i mean so second picture is what help page says to do and i cannot get to step 2.

Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 19.24.11.pngScreen Shot 2014-08-13 at 19.28.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Molly,

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "the screen I know i need to continue appears but then goes before anything loads"

At step 1, the installer DMG is downloaded.  Most likely to your Downloads folder (/Users/YourUserName/Downloads) since that is the default download location.

After the download finishes, open Finder and navigate to the folder the file was saved to

Locate the file downloaded (AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_14_ltrosxd_aaa_aih.dmg, or smilar name) and double-click

This will get you to step 2 in the screenshot

At this step, double-click the flash box icon

The installer window will launch

Follow instructions in the installer dialog window to proceed.

Note: You must QUIT all browser apps for Flash Player to install.

HTH

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thankyou for your help i have now managed to install adobe. I realised that all though i thought all safari windows were closed, they weren't and this is why i had trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines