Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling with Wacom Intuos pen - Slow and bumpy

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm using a Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch tablet to work and Muse has issues when scrolling with it. To scroll down with the pen, I have to press a button and drag the page up and it works fine on other apps, however, on Muse, I drag just a little bit and it scrolls s l o w l y and bumpy to the end of the page and freezes for a moment. The same happens with horizontal scroll.

Hope this helps to improve the app!

Julián

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julián,

That would be annoying. A few questions: Still having this problem, if so can you post a short video? Are you running Mac or Win? Which version(s) of Muse. And do you have the latest Intuous drivers from Wacom?

We've seen a few discussions that might be related. Like clicking on an increment up/down button (a spinner) say for stroke widget and having it stick down. Has this happened to you?

Please add any additional information you think might be useful to help us reproduce this issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dave,

I'm a Mac user. OS X 10.9.4 on a 2014 Retina MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16Gb of RAM, Intel Iris Pro graphics and Nvidia GeForce GT750M dedicated graphics card.

I'm running Muse CC 2014.1.1.6 release and I do have the latest drivers for my 2014 Wacom intuos tablet.

I've seen this get worse on long single page website designs. It gets stuck much longer and I believe it's due to inertia. As if it continued to try to scroll even when the scroll bar has reached the end of the screen.  However, scrolling just a little bit is almost impossible.

To reproduce the issue: Just open a Muse CC site with a Wacom tablet plugged in.

Here's a video demonstrating the issue.

http://youtu.be/ZULxzR9GThc

Hope this helps

Julian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to us Julian.  The video is marked as private, so I can't view it. Or, maybe I'm missing some magic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, my bad. It's now unlisted so you should be able to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julian, very interesting.

Several comments based on what I saw in your video, and what I saw myself with a Wacom tablet:

What gesture are you using to scroll? Two finger drag on tablet, or something else as I see your cursor moving when the scroll fails.  Ah, I see that I can assign Pan/Scroll to one of the pen buttons, that mode doesn't seem to work very well at all. I get a mix of panning and dragging out a selection rectangle when i try it - ack!.

Sometimes scrolling does seem to get stuck. I haven't seen this on MagicMouse yet, but I do see it with two finger scroll on the Wacom (it can get stuck in Illustrator too).

Muse scrolling moves based on the old scroll wheel/arrow model, and so is based on what percentage of the document can be seen in the direction you are scrolling, so in a tall skinny document, the vertical steps can be very large compared to the horizontal ones. For fine scrolling with a tablet/trackpad/magic mouse it should behave more like the hand tool, but with velocity and inertia.

DaveB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

I'm using MacOS 10.10, Lr 5.6 and Wacom Intuos CTH480.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue.

• Wacom CTH480
  • Lightroom 5.6
  • MacOS 10.10.

Scrolling thought the thumbnails using the pen is really slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Wacom CTH680 and have just joined Adobe CC using Illustrator / Photoshop and InDesign.

Scrolling is fine in illustrator and Photoshop but terrible in InDesign, super slow and it lags after I release the pen and keeps slowly scrolling, annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with the newest update from Wacom, my intuos 3 still had the slow bumpy lag dragging when pan scrolling in Adobe inDesign. Quite a disappointment as even programming the front button the pen to "h" to scroll/pan does not work. Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this issue have a solution yet? I stumbled in the same problem DANDYDAN10 just described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having the same problem with Pan/Scroll in Indesign since CC. I tried several Wacom tablets (Bamboo CTH-461, Intuos CTH-680, Intuos Pro) and it’s always the same. Illustrator and Photoshop work fine however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, but what I did was to change the one of the expresskeys  to pan/scroll for indesign only and it works just fine now. Doesn't solve the issue with the pen though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having a similar issue in InDesign with my Wacom Intuos pen. Any luck with solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A temporary solution i'm working with now is to either (if you're using two screens) cmd+tab into another program and start scrolling through indesign with the tablet.

Or, and use an in- or external touchpad or mouse to do the scrolling. I know it's not the ergonomic solution but it's the best I can come up with and have been using ever since I ran into this problem.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response oscargoossens! I'm going to call Adobe support tomorrow and see if they can help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines