• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp11 has changed some text to italics

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 11 - I upgraded to 11 and now I'm noticing that RH11 has changed some text to italics that was not in italics before. I have a HUGE help system and can't check every file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It might be helpful if you could perhaps copy the HTML code for some of the italicized text and share it here. Maybe it will give us a clue as to what is going on.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like any italics code:

<span style="font-style: italic;">

The question is: Why is RH11 randomly changing text that was not italic to text that is?

I upgraded from RH9. When looking at a CHM created with RH9 and comparing it to one created with RH11, some files have some text that has been italicized. I did not apply the italics; RH11 did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, without seeing the CHM before and knowing what exactly transpired during the upgrade process, it's hard to tell. Obviously something caused the change. The challenge, as always, is to determine exactly what.

Perhaps one of my colleagues has an idea.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like you Rick, I am puzzled by this. First time I have seen such a report.

@jkozzWork Do you have a backup of the project before the upgrade so that you can compare the code bore and after?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already changed and recompiled the instances I saw. I thought it might be a known issue. If I run across more instances, I'll post the original and the randomly changed versions. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like Rick and Peter, I don't know what is going on. But if you like, I can create a small script to quickly remove all the italic text from your project. (But it will remove all italic text...)

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp