• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PPT with embedded MP4 videos not being improted as a playable video - how can I make the MP$ play as a video?

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PPT slide presentation that has embedded MP4 videos (captured using SnagIt) in the presentation. When I import and convert, all my PPT slides convert with animations intact, but the videos are not playable and appear only as a 'static' slide.... I'm messing around with the trial version of Captivate hoping it can do what I think it can (like what I just described here) and am trying to cost-justify the purchase of this package to my management team -but I have to make sure it can do what we want it to do first - so far, no good - but I think I'm probably just missing something...any tips or suggestions?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

One way to accomplish your goal would be to use what I call: The Camtasia Approach

Basically you play the presentation and use Captivate to record it. Camtasia operates that way with PPT.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources