Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically Updating Flash Player in Corporate Environment

Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone enabled automatic updates of Flash Player in corporate environment?

For a few smaller sites, with limited bandwidth, there is some older versions of Flash Player installed.  To bring these systems up to date (& fix some security issues) we're discussing enabling the automatic updating of Flash Player & Reader.

Do Flash Player updates require a reboot, or can it be suppressed?

Is the "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended) option global across all installed Adobe products (AIR, Flash Player, Reader & Shockwave) or can it be enabled on product by product basis?

Has anyone tried this and what are their experiences (Good/Bad)?

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

While I can't respond to your question on Enterprise customer's experience deploying Flash Player, or which method they prefer, I can respond to you other questions.

• Do Flash Player updates require a reboot, or can it be suppressed?

As a reminder, although all of these products are free, they do require a distribution licence to distribute within your organization.  Unless your organization already has a distribution license for the various products, the resources I link to contain information on how (or links) to license each product.

Hope this helps, and hopefully someone with enterprise distribution experience will respond to your third question.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines