• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall/Reinstall

Aug 21, 2007 Aug 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have tried to uninstall my CF (which was included in the Studio 8 Suite) from my laptop and at some point may want to reinstall(at a later date). When I try to uninstall, the initial process of "closing windows services" continues forever and seemingly will not finish that initial process. I have waited hours...

Any ideas/advice??

I am running MS XP Pro

Rbavis
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I havent' experienced that behavior myself, but you might want to manually stop the relevant CF services before beginning the uninstall.

Start - Settings - Control panel - Administrative Tools - Services

They'll be fairly clearly labelled. Right-click them and select "Stop."

That might grease the wheels...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one way to uninstall CF,
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/help.html?content=installserver_10.html

Else you can try and double click on "Uninstall Adobe ColdFusion 8.exe" present inside "C:\ColdFusion8\uninstall". Here "C:\ColdFusion8" is the ColdFusion installation drive.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the uninstall in the program file folder does not work, nor shutting off CF "services" first (see member PCBrown).

Has anyone actually uninstalled CF-7? I am curious how long it takes. I remember it took a long time to install. I've waited over 90 minutes but it each time I have tried it seemed to be "hung", and it froze all other windows...requiring a hard shut down.

The Techs say they can't (won't?) help and tell me I should contact customer service (yeh right...)

FYI: I also have noticed that when I open Homesite+ , the App fails to connect to the (correct) associated CF server url (which is??). Could this prevent UNinstallation? AND when I try to directly access the remote server via the double clicking the FTP/RDS globe icon it also says it could not connect.

Note: I installed CF (& the other Apps in Studio 8) back in January but never got around to using CF (I am currently not quite "up to speed" to use it)

Any additional assistance would be MUCH appreciated!!

Thanks

Rbavis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Before you run uninstaller, first manually shutdown all CF services. Then try to uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation