• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

send invoice attribute on action url causes invoice to be inserted on web form confirmation page

Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

According to the BC documentation I can ensure that an invoice is sent once a web form is submitted if I add &SendInvoice=true to the action url of the form element. I have done this for a booking events web form and the invoice was successfully sent after submitting the form. The problem though is that in addition to sending the invoice by email, it also displays the invoice on the booking confirmation page. I only wanted the invoice to be sent by email but not display on the confirmation page so I wondered if anyone could tell me if there is a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is because you will have the webformresults module on that confirmation. You will need to remove the tags to stop the rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply,

Can you let me know if there is any other way to remove the invoice but keep the web form results?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because it is part of the web form results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks. Do you know if BC plans to allow customisation such as this one in the future? I just think it's very limited as it stands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7+ years in and it is still as it is when it launched. That should give you and indication Low priority request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can "hide" the invoice part of the results using some on page css on the confirmation page targeting the invoice container.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all mail clients will comply with CSS hidden content for security reasons, further to that some will also block emails or mark them as spam for doing that. So an important note about doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Liam,

That's true for email, but the question was about hiding it on the confirmation page - which should be fine in some css.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines