• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where did this "google suggestion" thing in my toolbar come from and how delete it?

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe flash is constantly asking to update, and even if i uncheck the boxes where
it requests to set google chrome as default browser and to add google toolbar,
the update still always installs google crap, anyways.
i never had that google suggestion thing appear in my address bar before when
i was trying to type an address, and even after i clicked to disable it, my address
bar still doesn't show my history the way it did, before. why does flash wreck
by browser every time it updates whether i give it permission to install this
google crap or not? are the updates just excuses to wreck my browser?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what that "google suggestion" is; can you post a screenshot?

I have used Flash Player since version 6, and I never got any unwanted 3rd-party programs installed.  Try using the offline installers (as long as they are still available):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add bar.jpg
before this last flash update, my history appeared where that "google suggestions" thing is.
before i disabled it, it listed words like you would see appearing below the search field on google, which i hardly ever use
because they track visitors and they connect your browsing to your youtube and + and droid accounts, etc.
it's a privacy thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have no idea what that is.  But definitely not something you got from the Flash Player installer (not if you downloaded it from the Adobe/Macromedia site).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i appreciate any and all responses attempting to address this issue, but yeah it certainly did come
from the flash update off the flash site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the link from where you downloaded that installer?  There is another topic nearby where someone claims to have received some 47 pieces of malware with the Flash Player installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

other than going into my history i'm not sure how to look up the address.
the flash installer sent me there.
i have 3 links in my history folder from today
Adobe - Install a different version of Adobe Flash Player

Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player
https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/?installer=Flash_Player_14_for_Internet_Explorer&os=Wind... 7&browser_type=MSIE&browser_dist=OEM&dualoffer=true&chromedefault=false&type=au&browser_vers=11&d=Google_Toolbar_7.5&d=Google_Chrome_35.0_IE_Browser
again, i specifically unchecked the boxes that asked permission to install the google toolbar
and set google chrome as default browser. after just about every update, i have to go back
and uninstall malware and reset my browser settings to the way they were, no watter how
i check the google boxes before the updates
for some reason, this box changes the links to display as link titles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I see in the URL you provided "dualoffer=true", which indicates the offer check-boxes were selected.  If you unchecked the offer checkboxes, it shouldn't download the installer with the offers.  I have filed an internal bug to investigate this.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

would be grateful for a way to delete this "google suggestions" thing without having to reinstall my browser.
this thing is malware.
i never asked for it or gave permission for it to be installed; it provides no value to me; and is a privacy liability.
i have gone through add/remove programs and i can't find a way to remove this thing.

update: it's an add on. tools>manage add-ons>search providers
delete the google add-on and review the 2 check boxes at bottom of window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines