• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6: how to stop 3D rendering?

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find a way to stop 3D rendering in Photoshop CS6!

Only with force quit...

Any idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you click your mouse on the little Render icon in the Properties panel?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should also be able to stop the rendering by clicking anywhere in the photoshop interface, pressing the esc key or any key on your keyboard.

What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"force quit"...  I'm betting Mac.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the others said, you should be able to stop rendering by clicking in the UI with any tool. Also consider setting a different high quality threshold in the 3D prefs to avoid lock-ups, at least while you test things. You can always switch back to a higher setting later and then give your machine enough time to render at best quality...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some more details pointing out as a "hardware performance / software interrupt" problem bug:

On MacPro 3,1 [2x2.8GHz Xeon 16GB RAM]= no way to exit from render, no matter what you click. Only ForceQuit solve.

On Hackintosh [3.49GHZ Core i7 32GB RAM]= works OK. Stops immediately when you click.

Both same osX, same CS6 versions.

Asking for a more responsive UI feedback when in rendering. Reserve some CPU power to mouse action...

Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you get this consistently with the same file? If so is this something you can share with Adobe? We have a bug report that sounds somewhat similar, but haven't found consistent steps for reproducing the problem.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Steve,

seems we posted at same time.

Here seems an hardware CPU-power related item. No problem to send my .PSD file.

BTW was like that in previous Photoshop version: when in raytracing no way to stop it on MacPro 3,1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll send you a private message to arrange the file drop.

So you've seen this with Ps CS5 on the MacPro 3,1, too?

thx,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2014 Aug 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi steve I am having issues with rendering issues as well. I am using windows 7 laptop everything I do it seems to want to render all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just click on a layer that doesn't have the 3D effect on it. The 3D grid its related tools and widgets will no longer show until you click on the layer that contains the 3D effect. In which event, you'll see the 3D grid and related tools again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press Escape to cancel rendering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This thread is really old and the OP had found a bug that we fixed in an update. The 3D rendering interaction has changed a few times since Ps CS4, but the current Pc CC 2017 version does indeed stop rendering with the ESC key.

thx,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went window>workspace>photography

[i.e. photography instead of 3d checked]

using Mac  C Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines