• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to apply the styling of the existing navigation buttons to newly added ones?

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using a predefined skin in robohelp and need to add new navigation buttons. However, when I generate help, the styling for the selected button is not applied to the new buttons.

I supposed that the styling should be applied as well to the new buttons(?), can you help me where can I update this?

You can see the issue from this video: Robohelp - zbayta's library

Info:

I am using Robohelp 10 and generating a Web Help

TIA!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

Most of the skin options for buttons are for using buttons made from images. So to get the "styling", you must use an image editing utility to create images of the button using the text you want.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

From the WebHelp skin editor, we have an option to select the color of the selected button -- the buttons are not actually an image. I supposed that if I selected another color, it will be applied to all the buttons?

backgroud color - zbayta's library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I think I understand now.

Here's the deal. Even if you had images that you had created, there is no way that a new button that you add will simply remain on the "selected" bit after you click it.

The "selected" state will only ever apply to the TOC, Index, Glossary or Search buttons. This is because those elements cause a semi-permanent change to the WebHelp frameset by presenting the TOC, Index, Glossary, or Search in the navigation frame. Anything else is "temporary" and generally speaking, simply causes a topic to load into the topic frame.

If you want to see this change, you can vote for it by completing a wish form using the link below:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp