Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics not loading in Internet Explorer 10

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm updating a help project in Robohelp 10. This is an existing project i had in Robohelp 10/Framemaker 11. I am simply updating my Frame content and regenerating (the FM project is linked). My company recently upgraded my browser to Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.17028.

I am noticing that some topics do not appear now (they are blank). This is a merged helpset (about 10 helpsets that are merged). I am running the helpset locally on my PC.

I've tried applying the IE 10 patch for RH10 and regenerating but this did not help. I am using  RH10.0.1.292.

Everything looks fine in Firefox.

I am releasing this week and am not sure what else to try.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were a number of small patches. Check you have all the right ones.

Topics not loading in Internet Explorer 10

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the patch described here:

Published help topics not visible in Internet Explorer 10

As well, I ensured that I was running the latest version of Robohelp 10 (by running Check for updates from within Adobe Robohelp).

Do I still need to search for and install other individual patches? If so, is there a list of these patches anywhere?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted the wrong link. Looks like there is one other patch for Windows 8 users. The link below is the best place to look.

RoboHelp Patches and Updates | WvanWeelden.eu

Beyond that the first thing I would try is a simple demo project to test.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter.

Do you know the answer to this question: If I perform the Check for Updates command from within Robohelp, will I already have all these patches installed?

I can't really create a test project. This is a huge merged project. Most topics appear, several batches of consecutive topics show a blank page when I click their topic title from the TOC. Why some topics are blank is a mystery (there's no pattern to it). IE10 is wonky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you will not. 10.0.1 is a proper patch. The other "patch" does not have a number and does not show.

I did say a simple project to test but I had not looked back to see the problem is only with some topics. The patch and fix issues would apply to all topics.

The first thing I would do now is check it is always the same topics that have this problem. Then I would create a new project and import just the Fm file with those topics to see if they are the same there. It doesn't have to be a merge so it should only take a few minutes.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks Peter. I will install all these patches and regenerate to see what happens. I'll post back with my results. Fingers crossed.

Peter, Thanks for your quick replies to my question -- I really appreciate you taking the time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp