• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Fix" for ordinal 459... urlmon.dll does not work.

Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can not install because of the error message "The ordinal 459 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll". The solutions posted here do not work because the file urlmon.dll is only provided with Internet Explorer and IE is not installed on my computers.

The requirements for FP are: Internet Explorer 8.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 17 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11

As this shows IE is optional, so how do I install FP with out first installing IE?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE is a vital component of Windows. Windows Explorer, which you need to navigate files and folders on your system, is a shell component of Internet Explorer. If you've uninstalled IE from a WIndows system, you've really screwed it up.

See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378  to reinstall it.

Even if you don't use the Intenret browser, you still need Explorer for Windows to function.

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

That plug-in is for Firefox, Opera or Safari, and it doesn't require or have ActiveX controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your replay, but I have a feeling you are confusing Windows File Explorer and Internet Explorer. I am able to navigate files and folders without any problems.

Microsoft is compled by the European comission to supply Windows 7 without Internet Explorer. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/press/2009/dec09/12-16statement.aspx So how can it be a vital component?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Windows version and service pack level?

What installer are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1.

Previously, the Adobe FP software would notify me an update is available. Clicking the download button would initiate the download and update process. Now clicking the download button launches my web browser and I am required* to download the file install_flashplayer13x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe (which vanishes even though the install fails - I'm guessing Adobe has no interest in conserving my bandwidth costs)

* Some people may feel this is an offensive term, if there is an alternative, I would be happy to try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Halcinlatsmir,

That file is a 'shim' installer that then retreives the actual Flash Player installer, and installs it silently.  It is normal for it to automatically remove itself from the system after initiating the download/install of the actual Flash Player.  It appears this file is the one returning the error. I'll pass your comment to the folks who handle the 'shim' installer. 

In the mean time, to get you up and running with the latest version of Flash Player, you can download the full plug-in installer at the following links:Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

When I started my computer, the adobe software (as normal) prompted me to update. Except this time the software performed the update instead of launching my browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2014 Dec 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This link to the Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers) led me to a 404 File Not Found. But I was able to resolve the issue per Glenn_UK below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find this useful (as I did - for a different 'Missing Ordinal 459 in URLMon' problem)...

http://techaddictive.com/solved-wlmail-exe-ordinal-not-found-the-ordinal-459-could-not-be-located-in...

Basically... uninstall Windows Update KB2847204  (Like you, I don't have IE installed, and this 'Security Update' applies only to Internet Explorer).

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2014 Dec 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly. Thanks.

I searched out the Windows update KB2847204 and uninstalled it. I was immediately able to run the file that downloads the installer. I use Firefox, so the IE update isn't necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines