• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keyboard shortcuts not working in Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop CC through Creatuve cloud.  My keyboard shortcuts stop working, then photoshop really slows down, then crashes.  I've been through Adobe support five times now, and it works for about 1/2 hour, then acts up again.  Any suggestions/reciommendations?  Thanks - Wendy Caro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wendyfern,

Please try to reset the preferences of Photoshop CC.

Mostly the corrupt preferences cause unexpected behavior.

Please refer following forum thread on "How to reset the preferences of Photoshop"

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

Please let me know if still faicng the issue.

Regards,

Sumit Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI.  I've tried getting rid of the preferneces, which works for about 1/2 hour.  I've been to adobe technical support at least 5 times, and get temporary help, but the problem keeps coming back.  i've had photoshop since version 4, and never had this problem.  I'm on Mac OS 10.8.  Thanks, Wendy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the keyboard shortcut for hide selection in photoshop CC

n PS CS6 you could hide a selection with command h.

In PS CC that no longer works. What is the new kwrboard equivelant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That hasn't changed:  it's still command H, unless you change command H to hide the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresh install of Photoshop CC 2018, Mac OSX 10.13. I can't use hotkeys if application Blender is open. Not even in the background. This is extremely detrimental as my job is 100% switching between Blender and Photoshop. Blender is a hotkey-heavy application. Did not have this problem with older versions of PS (CC 2014). Installed CC 2014 and the hotkeys work perfectly with Blender open. Why is the hotkey behavior in CC2018 so different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know i this will help, but changing my keyboard to English (it was setup for Maori) fixed everything. Maybe make sure you are using a standard keyboard setting. I spent the last 3 days trying to work this out. Finally fixed it on my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! I can't believe I found somebody who had the same problem as me (I too, had my keyboard set to Maori)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, same here, somehow I change my language to Maori! Thank you so much. Kia kaha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness! I have been trying to figure this out for weeks, I was also using the Maori keyboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what OS version?

What does the crash report say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi.  I'm on OS 10.8.  There is no crash report.  the keyboard shortcuts just stop working, photoshop really slows down, and then freezes.  I have to force quit to get photoshop running again, but 1/2 hour later the povlem starts all over again.  Wendy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wendy is it all shortcuts or a few specifics?  Do you have other apps running that might steal shortcuts away, like screen grabbers etc.?  I have come across references for Wacom drivers causing the same problem for some shortcuts.  If you have a Wacom tablet, make sure you have the latest driver.  They go through more drivers than a taxi firm that doesn't pay it's employees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, other users don't seem to be seeing that behavior.

So we need to look at what on your system is different from other users': third party plugins, utilities, other applications, drivers for hardware (tablets, special keyboards, etc.), disk problems, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other users are definitely experiencing this. 

When selecting text with a missing font, and choosing not to replace it, keyboard shortcuts stop working until you reopen the PSD.

Please advise.

Mac OSX 10.9

PS CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problen since the update to Photoshop CC 14.2. The 14.2.1 update did not fix this and the problem was not there before 14.2.

My problem is when a file is first opened, the key short cuts do not work. You need to physically click on the selection tool before any of the key shortcuts work. After clicking on the sleection tool I can then use all the key shortcuts as normal. This behaviour is repeated every time a new file is opened. Photoshop does not crash.

I am on a Mac, OSX 10.8.5

I am also using a Wacom Intuos 5 with the latest driver 6.3.7-3.

FYI, I have seen significant slow down across the Adobe CC apps since a big Creative Cloud update a few weeks ago that introduced Photoshop CC 14.2 and InDesign 9.2 (which continues to be MUCH slower than CS6).

The problems and slow down are NOT repeated on other identical Macs in our studio that do not have Wacom tablets. I believe the finger can be squarely pointed  at the Adobe/Wacom interface and both sides need to take a good look at their inter-workings.

Tom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also occurs when selecting a locked text layer with the text tool. Single-key keyboard shortcuts stop working until you either re-open the PSD, or select the text tool, click to create a new text layer, and then esc out of the new field.

OSX 10.9.2 Mavericks

MBP Retina, Mid 2012

Any chance for a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2013 Nov 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having an issue where my Photoshop keyboard shortcuts aren't working properly (i.e. hitting "b" for brush, "z" for magnifying glass tool, etc) the command shortcuts such as Command+S for save, or Command+H for hide work fine. I'm running the most up-to-date version of Photoshop CC on MAC OSX 10.9 Mavericks. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you,

Lauren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2013 Dec 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but it appeared just after I updated OSX to Mavericks, I solve this by switching app, sometimes I have to do more than one time to make work the shortcuts again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2013 Dec 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rável wrote:

I have the same problem but it appeared just after I updated OSX to Mavericks, I solve this by switching app, sometimes I have to do more than one time to make work the shortcuts again.

There have been reports of keyboard shortcuts, and Workspace problems with Mavericks.  I am a PC user so have no idea if the fixes work

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1237273

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting similar problems to many on here. Seems to have something to do with editing text my end. Photoshop works fine until I need to edit some text. Upon finishing the text amends, single key commands for switching tools no longer work. What I have noticed today is that if I subsequently click on a text layer to edit it, all of the single keys I've clicked suddenly appear in the copy.

I'm using OS X 10.8.5 on a 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7 iMac (late 2012 I think) and have no third party plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem....so is there no solution for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am also having the same issue.

For example if you are using the brush on a layer mask .... using X to switch back and forth between the foreground and background DOES NOT WORK unless you click out of the image frame and back in (or some other kind of strange workaround).

This is also present in MANY other areas.... shortcuts are simply not working as they used to...forcing us to go back to 2013

I am very surprised this is not noticed yet

Using clean install on MacPro OSX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2014 Aug 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problems, with the same shortcuts as you for a few months now, but they've gotten worse and worse lately.

windows 7, photoshop cc 14.2.1

I use a wacom and a peripheral keypad bound to all the shortcuts I use most often. I thought for a while I was just clumsily punching a keystroke that disabled or brought up alternate shortcuts, but after reading this thread I'm pretty sure it's more than that. It seems to be happening soon after selecting layer modes. Difficulty with the zoom tool seems to be the first problem, but then not long after all the other shortcuts start acting funny and/or not working at all; not just with the keypad either, my keyboard has the same problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2014 Aug 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to this thread, I found a solution for my troubles. All it takes is swapping active programs. Easy enough when you have a second monitor with a browser or lightroom or whatever open; just click over then back real quick. I mean, it sucks that you have to do that, but it's easy enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines