Exit

CF11 installation and Node.js

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After CF11 is installed I see that Node.js has been installed too,

Is that the expected behavior?

(Using ColdFusion_11_WWEJ_win64.exe installer and Windows 8.1 Pro)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check this out

Security Improvements in ColdFusion 11 | Adobe Developer Connection

look for Installation of Weinre and node.js servers.

Hope it answers your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it got installed with 2016 also.

Does anyone know how CF uses node?

Also, it looks like a quite old version (node cmd prompt says 0.10.24, current is 6.0, if I'm not mistaken). Is it OK to update it? Or to install a new version from scratch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can go ahead and update the node.js.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikram, would you confirm that the node.js implementation there only for use with the weinre (mobile dev inspection feature, https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/mobile-application-development/inspecting-mobile-applications.htm...)?   I just want to be 100% sure, given your seeming involvement with things, rather than judging things based solely on what those pages say. Thanks.

FWIW, I have confirmed that the node implemented by CF was indeed only there on servers that had been installed using the development profile, and not those implemented with the production/secure profile. (ColdFusion Help | Understanding ColdFusion Server Profiles )

And for those who may wonder, it's true that since CF11 one can turn on and off the "secure profile" via the CF admin even after installation, but there is no feature for turning on/off the development mode in CF11, at least that I know of. So someone who installs CF in "development profile" won't have any automated way to remove this node implementation if they wanted to.It would be helpful if Vikram or anyone else from Adobe can confirm that.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I installed Coldfusion2021 and it installed Node.ks as well.  Can I uninstall it without messing Coldfusion up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I installed Coldfusion2021 and it installed Node.ks as well.  Can I uninstall it without messing Coldfusion up?

By @websanta

Good question. Ask it here: cfinstal[at]adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation