• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install flash update

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install on a Win 7 64 bit machine with Firefox.

When running the installer file  the nstaller script box hangs and nothing happens, All I see is a black box.

When I close script  box the installer disappears from downloads. Causing me to redownload the package.

I have had to do a complete uninstall and reinstall in the past to get this to work.

What can I do to enable the proper install?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What do you mean by 'script box', Can you please post a screen-shot (How to post a screenshot in the forum)?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image 001.jpg

This is what I see and nothing happens,  also the installer package auto deletes from the location I saved this. At first I thought I downloaded a trojan or a virus. File doesn't go into my trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe is about to be kicked out of my planet i swear mcaffe is a perminent thing if you whant flash update no way to not down load and install it with out mcaffe has any one ever installed more then one antivirus on one computer .. it isnt fun and this forum o m g i cant make my own thread and any thing that is adobe flash i cant reach a damn adobe rep this is a fking joke  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi p1mpun,

Thanks for your comment, although not helpful in this particular thread.

There is a way to install Flash Player without the add-ons.  The online installation process includes the opportunity to deselect the check-box for the add-ons.  If you are not seeing this perhaps you have ad-blockers enabled on your system.

If you have an installation problem you need assistance with (aside from McAfee being installed as that has been discussed ad nauseam here and you can fine many of those threads) please start a new thread and provide all information as noted here: Please read this before you post!

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i realise but i was tired of looking for the right place to post and i couldnt start a new thread and i do not get the check box options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi p1mpun,

To start a new thread, go to Installing Flash Player.  There are three columns on the page.  The middle column has a "Ask a question" pod.  Type your question here (this should be short and concise as this will be the forum subject) and click 'Ask it'  the next page will have a text field to enter details on your issue.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that we are back on topic, do you have any ideas on what my issue might be?

m_vargas wrote:

Hi p1mpun,

To start a new thread, go to Installing Flash Player.  There are three columns on the page.  The middle column has a "Ask a question" pod.  Type your question here (this should be short and concise as this will be the forum subject) and click 'Ask it'  the next page will have a text field to enter details on your issue.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gezapapp,

Sorry about that. I meant to get back to you on your issue and then was sidetracked by other work. I apologize.

We have received a few reports of the online installer dialog window displaying without text.  Unfortunately, we have not been able to reproduce.  If you'd like to help us troubleshoot this it would require running the online installer from the command-window to obtain a log file, instructions below.  If not and you simply want Flash Player installed (totally understandable), you can use the offline installer posted at the bottom of this tech note, Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows.

To obtain the online installer log file:

1. Download the installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer and save it to the desktop
  2. Launch the command prompt, click the Start orb and in the search field, type: cmd.exe
  3. When the command prompt utility launches, drag the installer from the desktop onto the command prompt window hit space key and type /debug
    • It should look similar to (the actual file name may differ): C:\Users\labuser\Desktop\install_flashplayer14x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe /debug
      • Note there IS a space between the file name and the / and there is NO space between / and debug
      • If there are spaces in the directory path, the command needs to be encapsulated in quotes, for example: "C:\Documents and Settings\labuser\Desktop\install_flashplayer14x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe" /debug
  4. Click Enter to proceed
  5. A file named host.develop.log will be saved to the same location the installer was saved to
    • You may notice the the online installer file is missing. This is because it deletes itself once executed, so it will no longer be saved locally.
  6. Post the contents of the host.develop.log file here in your response, or share the file following the How to share a document instructions.

Thanks in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to do the installer package but failed  to get the debug thing to work, I did the entire  file install and it worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2014 Aug 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the debugging information did work please see attached.

Memory Initialized (Maximum)

===============================================================================

Host Version: 3.5.4.25

"C:\Users\Geza's\Desktop\install_flashplayer14x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe" /debug -Elevated

System: Windows NT version 6.1.7601.65536

Added url to whitelist (localhost).

Added url to whitelist (solidstatenetworks.com).

Added url to whitelist (snxd.com).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (machine\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\).

Added common name to whitelist (Solid State Networks I, LLC).

Added common name to whitelist (Adobe Systems Incorporated).

Extracting skin file (/app.config.xml)

Added url to whitelist (get.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (get2.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (aihdownload.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (airdownload.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (ardownload.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (download.macromedia.com).

Added url to whitelist (fpdownload.macromedia.com).

Added url to whitelist (fpdownload2.macromedia.com).

Added url to whitelist (fpdownload.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (fpdownload2.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (platformdl.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (platformdl-stage.corp.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (wwwimages.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (wwwimages.stage.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (dlmping.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (dlmping2.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (dlmping3.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (dlmping4.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (get3.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (get3.stage.adobe.com).

Added url to whitelist (adobetag.com).

Added url to whitelist (promotion.adobe.com).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment\).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (machine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (machine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (machine\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (user\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (root\http\shell\open\command\).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (root\https\shell\open\command\).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (root\.htm\).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (root\.html\).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (root\IE.HTTP\shell\open\command\).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (root\FirefoxURL\shell\open\command\).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (root\SafariURL\shell\open\command\).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (root\ChromeHTML\shell\open\command\).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (machine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (machine\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\).

Added read only registry path to whitelist (user\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\).

Added read/write registry path to whitelist (machine\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Setup\Reader\).

Added read/write registry path to whitelist (machine\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Setup\Reader\).

Added common name to whitelist (Adobe Systems, Incorporated).

189 active MIME types

WebServer thread running

WebServer Listening on 127.0.0.1:64477

Browser cache flushed (0 removed) (4602 checked) (0.48 seconds)

Browser: IE 9.11.9600.17239

Extracting skin file (mainwindow.config.xml)

Response code set [/mainwindow.html:200:0]

Accept queue size of (4)

Response code set [/images/bg-close-program.png:200:0]

Response code set [/images/icon-complete.gif:200:0]

Response code set [/images/icon-blank.gif:200:0]

Response code set [/mainwindow.css:200:0]

Accept queue size of (2)

Response code set [/images/logo-adobe.gif:200:0]

Response code set [/images/icon-complete-error.gif:200:0]

Response code set [/compact.min.js:200:0]

Accept queue size of (3)

Response code set [/images/bg-download-bar-full.png:200:0]

Response code set [/images/bg-download-bar-empty.png:200:0]

Response code set [/images/bg-header-error.gif:200:0]

Discovering default browser...

Default browser: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -osint -url "%1"

Skin version: 2.0.2.7

Document ready triggered

Unable to extract skin file (locale/us.json)

Extracting skin file (locale/en-us.json)

Unable to extract skin file (locale/en.json)

Accept queue size of (3)

Response code set [/images/button-right.png:200:0]

Response code set [/images/button-left.png:200:0]

Response code set [/images/button-center.png:200:0]

Extracting skin file (workflow.json)

Extracting skin file (interop/downloader.dll)

Loading interop library (C:\Users\Geza's\AppData\Local\Adobe\downloader.dll) (3.5.4.25)

Memory Initialized (Maximum)

===============================================================================

Downloader Version: 3.5.4.25

Solid Core v0.82 () in use (S11)

Cwd [00:26:18:6D:98:8C]

Torrent Agent: -SC0082-

Torrent Agent: -SD354P-

Starting manager thread

Manager state changing from (Idle) to (Start)

Manager state changing from (Start) to (Process)

completion page url {CompletionPageUrl}?exitcode=-1

Launching browser..

Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -osint -url "%1"

Executable: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Arguments:  -osint -url "{CompletionPageUrl}?exitcode=-1"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2014 Aug 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gezapapp,

Thank you for following up on this and running the online installer in debug mode to generate the log file. I really appreciate it.  We do have an internal bug record open on this issue and I'll attach you log file to the bug record.

Thanks again.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is a known issue with the online shim installer.  Please use the standalone installer (applicable to your browser) posted at the bottom of the Installation help page applicable to your OS:

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry.  I have tried all the advice on the help page but keep getting the same result.  Where do I find the stand alone installer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Links to the standanlone installers are posted at the bottom of the help pages.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines