• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Audio Error Message

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2007 Jul 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to import audio into a Captivate 2 project I receive the following error:

"Unable to decode and import the selected wav/mp3 file"

I have seen other posting where this is a problem in Vista but I am running Windows XP. I can listen to these clips in the Windows Media Player. I have also verified that they are in the PCM Format.

How can I get this fixed? I need to have these projects posted by Monday morning!!!

Thanks for your help!
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2007 Jul 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kpete1

I know you said that you are certain that the file is already in PCM format. But just for grins, you might try clicking Start > Run... and typing sndrec32.exe into the Run dialog. Then press Enter. The generic Windows Sound Recorder application should open. Open the file giving you fits. Then click File > Save As... and note what format is listed at the bottom of the Save As dialog next to the Format: area. You may be surprised to see it's not PCM. Even if it is PCM, click the Change... button. And this is all you need to do! From there, just click the OK button to dismiss the Sound Selection dialog. Then click the Save button to dismiss the Save As dialog. You might wish to change the file name of the original .WAV file in case you ever need it in the original format for anything.

Give that a go and let us know if it helps. Hopefully it will.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2007 Jul 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rick,

Thanks for your help! Unfortunately, that did not work. I still receive the unable to decode and import the selected wav/mp3 file error message. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources