• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't install flash after full uninstall

Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Here is my issue: I installed flash debugger some days ago and I wanted to remove it today. I haven't found any method to do that, so I decided to uninstall the flash player and install it again.

I ran the uninstaller from the adobe flash site but that didn't do anything. I made a PC restart run the uninstaller again then deleted all the flash folders in appdata, system32 and sysWOW64. I had to use unlocker program to delete files in system32 and sysWOW64. After all this I restarted my PC and wanted to install the latest update which resulted in an error message that said this update Windows8-RT-KB2982794-x64 isn't compatible with my PC or something like that. Then I uninstalled the windows update KB2982794 hoping it will solve my issue but it didn't because now I get and error saying something like: "this update is unavailable for this computer".

Additional info: Browser latest IE10 on Windows 8, also when I check the "manage addons" tab in IE there is a Shockwave Flash Object under the not available line(I'm not sure it's exactly called by that since my ie not on english language.) and I can confirm that flash is not working in IE now.

Additionally reinstalling ie10 would solve my issue?

Any help would be appreciated and sorry for my English.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I was following-up with several folks here for the best direction to point you in.

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer, the Flash Player files are locked by Microsoft so as to not be removed.  Removing them messed up Internet Explorer, as you are experiencing, and simply uninstalling/installing IE won't resolve the problem.

Microsoft has a tool, System File Checker, that scans the system for corrupt Windows system files and re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Microsoft embeds the Flash Player for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and above.  It cannot be installed separately.  Based on your statement, it seems you selected the wrong update (Windows8-RT) to install.  If you have an Intel-based Windows 8 machine, you need to get the non-RT update.  RT is a different architecture and the updates for RT cannot be installed on an Intel-based system.

To update Flash Player for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and above, run Windows Update on your machine by going to the Control Panel, select Windows Update and then, in the upper left, select Check for Updates.  Windows Update may take a few moments to run and identify which updates are necessary.  Depending on what you currently have installed, you may need to run Windows Update a few times, installing the various required updates before the update with the current version of Flash Player becomes available.  The most efficient way to keep Internet Explorer up-to-date with the latest version of Flash Player is to have IE update automatically, however, some folks don't like automatic updates and like to control the updates themselves.  This is perfectly understandable and requires to check for updates regularly (e.g. at least once per month, on the second Tuesday of the month).

If you have non-IE browsers, you can install Flash Player on your own.  Launch the non-IE browser and navigate to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  The site will detect the OS and browser and offer the appropriate Flash Player compatible for the browser.  One caveat is that if you have Google Chrome browser, Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome, so you don't need to do anything to install it as its' already present.

HTH.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes I have already tried running search windows update but it didn't find anything. I use my IE with auto updates enable so it's probably up to date. I'm thinking that my issue is something to do with uninstalling a windows update KB2982794 and deleting flash player folders. Also I attach a picture from the addon manager: flashissue.jpg

The flash object addon looks completly broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the contents of the C:/Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash AND C:/Windows/SysWow64/Macromed/Flash directories?

Also, go to helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html with IE10 and click on the 'Check Now' button.  Take a screenshot of the results and post it here.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here is the three screenshot:

flashissue1.jpgflashissue2.jpgflashissue3.jpg

My language is hungarian but you can see neverthless that my system32 Macromed directory is empty and my SysWow64 Macromed Flash directory only have an installer log either the wrong RT version that I tried to install or something else that I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably forgot to mention that whenever I tried to open a flash heavy site I get a popup in the bottom of the IE with the yellow line that says something like this: "This webpage try to run the following extension: 'Control name's unavailable' ('unavailable'). This only a rough "translatation" that I made,  probably the english is a bit different but I can change the language back to english and post a screenshot if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for the screenshots.  They're helpful.  I'm checking up with someone else on how best to proceed with this situation since you deleted the Flash Player that is embedded in IE. 

I forgot the helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html page doesn't provide much info for Windows 8/IE users.  I apologize.

Regarding your most recent post, can you change the language back to English, navigate to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about and get the screenshot of the 'Version Information' box on the page, as well as the error you refer to?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the screenshots, the first is the popup error bottom of the ie second is the link you provided.

flashissue4.jpg

flashissue5.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bumb, reinstalling ie10 would solve my issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I was following-up with several folks here for the best direction to point you in.

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer, the Flash Player files are locked by Microsoft so as to not be removed.  Removing them messed up Internet Explorer, as you are experiencing, and simply uninstalling/installing IE won't resolve the problem.

Microsoft has a tool, System File Checker, that scans the system for corrupt Windows system files and restores them.  Instructions for doing this are posted at Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.  I've not run this tool before and am not familiar with it.  In addition to the 'related articles' and 'from the community' links on that page with more information on the tool, you can Google 'sfc.exe' and obtain more information on it.  This is a Microsoft tool, not Adobe's tool.  If you encounter issues running the tool, I recommend clicking the 'Ask Answer Desk' link on that page to obtain help from Microsoft.

Good luck and I hope this resolves your issue.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the answer actually the system file checker not worked. So I wanted to delete ie10 but just before that, I found the debugger flash version in windows updates and deleted it. Then I tried to run the installer from the adobe site and it finally installed. Now everything working fine, the broken shockwave object is showing under the ms third party panel in addon managment as it was before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working because you unlocked the protected system files, but there could still be ramifications in doing this, and Microsoft would be the best individuals to comment on this, as such, I recommend contacting Microsoft support, using the link on the KB article.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Honestly I don't know which helped running the windows checker or deleting the debugger because the windows system checker stoped around 97% so I had to terminate it then I ran again after a PC restart. It ended successfully but with a message that there was corrupted files or something that cannot be repaired so I ignored it. I will take your advice and contact Microsoft support that everything works as it should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines