• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What server platform?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Business Catalyst a Linux based or Windows based platform or are both platforms available as needed?

Thank You,

Sabrina

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabrina,

This is a SAAS system so while I will answer your question it does not really matter. Being a SAAS it is a hosted solution. This means you do not have access to the server code and you can not host it on your own server.

BC is .net based and thus runs on a windows server environment through virtual machines on the amazon infustructure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer although it was more than I wanted to know. I was merely trying to figure out is asp.net sites would run on BC hosting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BC is not just hosting, its an all in one solution so you can not install over .Net solutions or code on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you mean by your response. Can a asp.net website edited in Dreamweaver be uploaded and function on BC? Yes or No? That's all I want to know,

Sabrina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sabrina,

Liam is answering your question very directly. He said no, but he provided you with more information so you understood why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually he never said the word "no". If so, that would have been all I would have needed.

Thank you for your response and your clarification. It is greatly appreciated and was so very easy to understand without a bunch of unnecessary details that were confusing. I was only looking for the bottom line.

Sabrina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabrina..

" so you can not install over .Net solutions or code on it."

Not sure how much clearer you can be and telling you it is a closed hosted solution. If you know .Net and talking about putting server code on the other information is both important and should make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple "No". would have been the best answer. And I don't know a lot about servers or asp.net so you're statement

" so you can not install over .Net solutions or code on it."  doesn't mean anything to me.  Sorry,  I am not trying  to be difficult, just merely wanted a simple yes or no answer to a question and it all got blown way over the top.

Thank you for your efforts and have a nice evening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple No often leads to people complaining it is to short of an answer, I know I help people a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL! OK, well different strokes for different folks. I am sure you do help people who actually want and u nderstand all that extra information. I always want only the bottom line - no matter what the subject.  Then if I want and need more info. I will ask. Otherwise it is just a waste of time and causes confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines