• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove .dwt templates from Creative Cloud Business Catalyst site?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've created a site in Dreamweaver using one of my free creative cloud sites.  There is a site structure automatically in place that is using the .dwt Dreamweaver templates with editable regions.  I've found this is really impairing my workflow and I would like to convert the site to just using regular .html templates without editable regions.

When I try to upload a template file with a .html extension via SFTP I get a permissions error.  I haven't found any other way around this either.

Can someone help me convert the site from using .dwt templates to using .html templates without editable regions?

Thanks,

Jeff

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

All files including templates on BC are .html based. IF you have .dwt files on there it is because you did not go through the DW BC tool or extension(older DW) and just uploaded them. Delete them - BC does not use them if you have those on the host.

In terms of just directly uploading you need to ensure two things with templates.

1. The folder locally is EXACTLY the same spelling and capitalisation as the host.

2. The html file template HAS TO HAVE {tag_pagecontent} there to be classed as a template.

I think 2 may be your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Liam.

I used the Dreamweaver BC extension to create the site and the .dwt files were the template structure automatically in place.

I happened to discover though that by copying the site in my partner portal all the .dwt files were converted to regular .html templates - so I'm all good.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They will be locally but DW converts them to .html for BC as that is what it uses for Templates in its system. If you have .dwt files on the server then something has gone wrong there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines