• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Installtion File Is Password Protected

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always scan exe files prior to installing them. I've had an issue with Flash Player Installation Files being password protected when I try to do this and yes, I know that this is not supposed to be the case. In other words, people on forums have told me that Adobe does not do this but the fact remains that I do have this issue. Below is the specific file to which I am referring and I downloaded it directly from the Adobe Flash Player site. I don't see any reason why these files should be password protected and I have tried my antivirus software program password as well as my Windows 7 OS password. I would appreciate a direct answer to my problem from anybody willing to help.

install_flashplayer14x32au_mssa_aaa_aih.exe

Why is this file password protected?

What is the correct password required in order to scan it?

I do not think that it is unreasonable for a user to insist on scanning executable files prior to installing them on their computer regardless if they are downloaded from a trusted source. I believe that it is just a good practice to follow and if I have to forgo using this program because of it, so be it. If that is not the case, I welcome any suggested solutions. Thanks again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tells you that the installer is "password protected"?  I downloaded the file (slightly different name: install_flashplayer14x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe), but I have no problem scanning the file, or opening it with a hex editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Pat and thanks for looking into this issue. I'm running this year's version of Bitdefender Total Security. When I scan the selected item, Bitdefender tells me that the file is password protected and that it cannot scan a large number of items unless I enter the password in order to proceed. The only option is to skip all of the protected files and to just scan the remainder. I'm sorry that I did not include this detail on my original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines