Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typing doesn't appear

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2007 Jul 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new to Captivate 2 and have a question about recording. If I record a simple project showing how someone should use the search box on a SharePoint web site, the typing that I put into the Search box as I'm recording never shows up on playback. The mouse movement shows up but not the typing. I'm running Captivate on Vista and using IE7 as the home screen. Thanks!

Paul
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to be certain that the option to include typing is included in the Recording Options ... from the main user interface, go to ...
Options > Recording Options > (Recording Options tab) > Record Keystrokes

I'm not familiar with "SharePoint" ... do you feel that this application (or its form fields) might be constructed differently than others, and that is the problem??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larry,

Thanks for the reply. SharePoint is a Microsoft server product that allows creation of Intranet web sites, among other things. I also tried recording a project where I typed a search topic into a www.google.com web page. When I played the project back, the same thing happens, I don't see my typing.

I checked the Recording Options and yes, I do have Record Keystrokes checked.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul

This could be one of the many issues where Captivate 2 isn't working well on the Vista operating system. Only Captivate 3 will be totally "Vista compatible".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Paul, thanks for filling me in on SharePoint. It sounds like the problem might be related to the innate lack of compatibility between the "old" program (Captivate 2) and the "new" OS (Vista).

In your position, I think I'd be tempted to load another copy of Captivate on a WinXP system, at least to create the recording, then perhaps move the *.CP file to your Vista system for editing.

That is, until you are able to upgrade your Captivate to Version 3, which as Rick said, has been tested for compatibility with the Vista OS. Hope this helps ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources