• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish with analytics

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble the analytics portion of presenter. I have enabled analytics and setup everything in the dashboard. But I do not know how to publish the course so that students have to login for tracking. Can the course be published to my computer/server and still have analytic tracking setup? If so, how?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some resources for you to look at.

Explanation of the Learning Dashboard: Presenter Help | Learning Dashboard

Presenter Manual (Page 94): http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/presenter_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This unfortunately did not really answer my question. If I publish my powerpoint on a local server, and open it, it states "Content is being played locally. Collaboration does not work in this mode." Does this mean that analytic data (such as who logged in to view the video and how far the made it through the presentation) is not reported to the dashboard for the presenter to view? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The presentations must be published to the Learning Dashboard server. It should be free for you to use. There is no vehicle for Presenter to report to a server when played locally.

You should be able to publish to the Dashboard through the Collaboration tool in Presenter. Ultimately, they will end up as part of your account here: http://als.adobe.com/

Here is a walkthrough of the process. This is for Presenter 9, but the process should be the same with Presenter 10: Learning Analytics in Adobe Presenter 9 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video is helpful in setting up the presentation to have analytics explained and what to do with the results, but I still do not know how to actually publish the presentation to the Learning Dashboard Server.

The only directions I am able to find are for publishing as HTML5, locally, pdf and to a Connect Server (found here Presenter Help | Publishing and viewing presentations).

How do you publish to the Learning Dashboard Server?

Note - I can get the module to show up on my Learning Dashboard and set everything up, but how do I get the presentation to the students to view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, sorry, I didn't understand the workflow in Presenter for the Learning Dashboard. It should be that if the Presentation is published to a web server (Connect, an LMS, or a web server) then it can call to the als.adobe.com site and will show you the data if registered to your account there.

Dr. Allen Partridge did a webinar on using this function, which can be seen here: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/event/index.cfm?event=set_registered&id=2265783&loc=en_us Again, it's for Presenter 9 but the basic idea is still there. He walks through the entire process from having the project created. At 8 mins he states that you just publish your project normally (after he registered the project with the Dashboard). At about 9:30 he shows that the courses are published on his own server. I believe that this should clarify how it works.

Again, sorry it took me this long to get to a clear answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources