• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 11 Fails on Automatic Startup

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've installed the 64 bit CF 11 Developers Edition on a Windows 7 machine, working with IIS, What I'm seeing is that when I have CF set to start automatically in the Windows Service Manager, the CF application service fails. In the Window System Event log I see this error.

"The ColdFusion 11 Application Server service terminated with service-specific error The system cannot find the file specified."

In the CF log I see this.

"Either the server is already running or some other application is using the AJP port 8014"

When this happens, I somehow lose my ability to access the internet, though I appear to be connecting to my router without an issue. I've tried looking for port 8014 in the Windows Resource Monitor and I don't see it being used there by anything. If I change the CF services so that they don't start automatically, then boot up, log in, and start them manually, then everything works fine.

Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is fixed. Please send an email to cfinstal@adobe.com and request for the hotfix hf1100-3776060.jar.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anit,

This next comment is not directed at you personally, but at the ColdFusion team:

Why hasn't this fix been released as an automatic update?  Why do people continue to have to report this issue here, on StackOverflow, on the BugBase, or on social media - then be told to contact an email address to be sent a hotfix?  Wasn't the whole point of the built-in updater introduced in ColdFusion 10 to allow Adobe to more easily release fixes to everyone?  Even if a hotfix isn't 100% tested/validated internally, isn't releasing one that is 90% tested better than not releasing it and having people continue to be frustrated by this bug? 

This is starting to border on the ridiculous, since this particular hotfix (if this is the one I think it is), has been available for a few months now (but only if people know to  ask for it).

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl,

The built-in updater was introduced in CF10 and the mechanism is still the same for CF11. The fix has already been targeted to ColdFusion 11 Update 1. After the update is released, this would no more be a manual stuff.

Till then, I know, its a pain to apply the fix manually. The fix is tested 100% and we just need to wait till ColdFusion 11 Update 1.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anit,

You're missing my point.  There's two issues at play here. 

1. How painful applying updates was prior to the release of CF 10.  That issue was resolved with the built-in updater.
  2. How long we have to wait for cumulative updates.  This issue should have gone away with the resolution to issue #1 above, but hasn't.  Frequent updates to CF 10 were a nice improvement to the process, but that stopped and we haven't had any updates since CF11 was released.  We shouldn't have to wait months for the release of a large update.  Release hotfixes as soon as testing is completed.  Don't roll them up into a "scheduled update".  Get them in our hands ASAP.  If new features or feature enhancements need to be rolled out in "scheduled updates", then do that.  But get bug and security fixes out on a regular basis.  Look at how other companies do it: Microsoft has "patch Tuesday" every week for serious bugs or security fixes.  Even monthly updates for fixes would be fine.  I'd rather have to install 15 updates one-at-a-time in sequence on a new install then have to wait for a cumulative update to be released.  If you want to do a quarterly or semi-annual cumulative update that rolls up all previous hotfixes together, do that.  But don't make us wait so long to get critical fixes (and don't make us have to email a rather obscure email address to get a hotfix jar emailed to us).

I know I'm not alone in being dissatisfied with the update process; I think many in the ColdFusion user community have expressed the same in other forums/venues.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation