• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for a way to tell if installed Flash Player version is ESR or not.

Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We push out latest versions of Flash Player to the enterprise using a patching management suite. Every time a flash patch goes out, it rolls over (and updates) our computers that have a need to run the Flash ESR branch. Is there a registry key or specific file in the file system that indicates that the Flash Player version installed is the ESR branch and not the latest branch?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Hi Maria,

Finally got around to doing this - the Bug ID is: 3853583

Thx,

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

The way to identify if the version installed is ESR or not is by the major version number, which is '13' at this, whereas the current version is '14'.

The Flash Player files themselves have the version number in the file name.  The files are located in \Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and \Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash (if you have 64-bit OS).  On Mac, the version number is in the Flash Player.Plugin Info.plist file.

For registry entries, Flash Player creates the following entries with version number:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayerActiveX > Version
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayerPlugin > Version

If on 64-bit OS, additional entries are created in the Wow64Node for the 32-bit player version (since both 32- and 64-bit versions of Flash Player are installed on 64-bit OS).

HTH.

--
Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, my company is on a search and destroy mission for old versions of flash player. When they see "13" they assume it's old and then upgrade it. I was hoping for a regkey value to the effect of "Release=ESR", either in the Uninstall key (which is where my company looks for version info), or the above mentioned FlashPlayer keys. Can you put in an enhancement request to the development/packaging team for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

I can certainly file the request for you, however, if you file it yourself (at https://bugbase.adobe.com) you can keep track of the progress and provide comments to the team.  If you file the bug, post the bug number here and I'll go ahead and process it to the triage folks for consideration.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maria,

Finally got around to doing this - the Bug ID is: 3853583

Thx,

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines