• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have repeatedly tried to install flashplayer on Mac 10.5.8 with no success. I have followed the online help document line by line and tried Mike M's suggestions to no avail. I now have no flashplayer and each time it continues to report a failure to lau

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have repeatedly tried to install flashplayer on Mac 10.5.8 with no success. I have followed the online help document line by line and tried Mike M's suggestions to no avail. I now have no flashplayer and each time it continues to report a failure to launch even when reset. the error report on apple state a breakpoint and unknow required load command whatever that is....HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katie,

Flash Player is no longer supported on OS X 10.5.8.  If you try to install one of the latest versions, it'll just terminate.  You need Flash Player 10.3.183.90 (released 7/9/2013), which is the last version supported on OS X 10.5.8.  The installer file is in this zip package, http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_10.3.183.90_archive_mac_only.....

If you have an Intel machine, you may want to consider upgrading to 10.9 (free upgrade) so that you can install the latest, most secure, version of Flash Player.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Maria! I now have a flashplayer again thanks to you. I would love to upgrade-apple has never offered that. Do you know if will slow my machine (I do have intel)? How do I go about getting it, since my software updates show all up to date...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Katie,

I apologize. According to this OS X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia it seems to be a free update for users of 10.6.8 and above:

However, according to this, Upgrade from 10.5.8 to Mavericks | Apple Support Communities, you can order the OS X 10.6 CD for $19.99 from the apple store, and if your hardware supports 10.9 you can upgrade.  Hardware requirements are listed on this page as well.

Good luck!

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines