• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Obtaining an installation code for academic version of Adobe Creative Suite CS5

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a copy of Adobe Creative Suite CS5, several years ago, whilst employed at Macquarie University, yet never opened or installed the software.

My job at the university was made redundant and I now wish to install the software.

How do I obtain an installation code?

There is a coupon code with the box which is: STEIE-5011586.

Thank you

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you purchased the software in disc form the serial number for activating it is normally found inside the box on the disc cover/casing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ned,

Unfortunately there is no serial number with this Education version of the software.

The issue is that I purchased this Education copy with proof of employment, whilst I was employed at a University.

I assumed that it would have ALL the serial numbers inside the box.

I have not opened the box till yesterday, which is after I have left the university.

To obtain a serial number from Adobe, I need to now prove I am currently employed at an educational institution.

Hence I am in a catch 22 situation.

I have legally purchased the software, whilst employed at a university, and now cannot use it, as I need to currently be employed at a university to get a serial number from Adobe.

I contacted Adobe, who said they do not offer phone or online support for CS5 and directed me to this forum.

Thank you

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say it is incorrect of them to point you to this forum.  Only they have the ability to provide serial numbers and only they can process business matters.

I am not, and I doubt anyone else here is, including Adobe employees who help here, able to say for sure, but if you purchased the software with certain credentials and did not acquire the serial number while having those credentials, it is likely that your chances of going thru with the processing now have past, as well as your option to return the software and get a refund.

I find it disappointing that you are hearing they do not support CS5.  I did not think they were that far along yet with dropping support for their products.  I think you should ask again in hopes of getting someone else that will help more than turning you to post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Electroando I am sorry you are facing difficulties redeeming your educational version serial number.  Please see Bev's response in your other discussion at How do I obtain installation codes for legally purchased Education versions of CS5 Creative Design S....  If you have any other Adobe software titles I would encourage you to register them under your account.  You can find details on how to register and locate your registered serial numbers at Find your serial number quickly - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-serial-number.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines