• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nobody is answering this question: "User not activated" error when I try to read my downloaded book...what to do?

Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!!!  I have seen where several people has asked about this in the past, but no one has answered!

My computer is authorized.  I transferred a book to my Nook.   But, when I try to find it to read it, I get "User not activated."

HELP!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

in my library I found this advice:

Did you delete the digital editions folder and .adobe folder from the Nook or the computer?  You need to delete them both from the Nook.  Your ADE ID and your BN ID are different.  The BN ID is used to log into the BN site, the ADE id is an Adobe ID.  They do not need to be the same.  If you've been using your sisters email, you need to continue using it, you can't transfer the books to another user ID.

After you delete the two folders from the Nook, you need to properly eject the Nook from the computer and close ADE.  Open ADE and connect the Nook, you should get a window asking you to authorize the device.

Did you follow these instructions?

Go to “My Computer” (or the equivalent on your PC or Mac) and click on the Nook drive.

Find and delete the “.adobe-digital-editions file.  (I copied my digital editions folder to my PC and then deleted it from the Nook, in addition to delete the .adobe ID.)

Close ADE

Restart ADE

Your Nook should now be visible to ADE, if not

Go back to the Nook drive

Find the “Digital Editions” file and delete it

Close ADE

Restart ADE

Nook will be visible

Click “Authorize Device”

Pleas give it a try.

Good luck!

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2014 Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I'll try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines