• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects back saving to CS6 from CC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest AE cc 2014 and I am trying to back ward save it to cs6 how do I do this?

From all the forums I have read there is meant to be a "save as cs6" option in the file>save as, but I do not have that option.

I have attached a screenshot below of my file menu

Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 1.51.35 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Hallo bakedginger,

you can only save one version down. So cc 2014 can save files for cc 12, cc 12 can save files for cs6.

So you need to save it first as cc 12 file and than open it on a pc with cc 12 after effects and save it down to cs6.

Greeting Gwen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo bakedginger,

you can only save one version down. So cc 2014 can save files for cc 12, cc 12 can save files for cs6.

So you need to save it first as cc 12 file and than open it on a pc with cc 12 after effects and save it down to cs6.

Greeting Gwen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clearing that up Gwen, just when you think Adobe have finally upped their game they go and do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure what you mean by "they go and do that.". After Effects has always only been able to save back one previous version. When that feature was introduced it was a really big deal. To save from CC2014 to CS6 you must save to CC first, then open in CC and save to CS6.

CC 2014 is a new version. It is as simple as that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick I only have CC2014 installed.

Hi Rick please elaborate where this option to save in cs6 is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to install CC. I thought I was clear. After Effects has always been able to only save back one previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay great thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, i have CC2014 installed and i've saved my project in CC(12).

Now, how can i reinstall Adobe After Effects CC(12)?

I have only CC2014 installed with Creative Cloud app and in the adobe website i'm not seeing the CC(12) version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects CC (12) is available through the Creative Cloud desktop application. Just filter for previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but i don't see the CC12 version in the Creative Cloud app.

If i filter by "all versions" or by "audio/video" i see After Effects CC(2014) but if i filter by "previous versions" i see only Edge Animate CC and Gaming SDK

No way to see After Effects CC(12)!

Maybe because i'm using the italian version of Creative Cloud? I don't figure out how to change the Creative Cloud language, if i change language in english (in the Preference / Apps tab) this affects only the language of the downloaded apps, not the Creative Cloud itself... DUring the installation process of Creative Cloud there isn't any choice to select a language...

It's getting really annoying...

Schermata 2014-08-28 alle 00.00.07.png

Schermata 2014-08-28 alle 00.00.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're having trouble with the Creative Cloud desktop application, I recommend asking questions here, where the experts on the Creative Cloud desktop application are: https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be the least intuitive thing ever,,, I have CC2015, so I have to install CC2014, CC2012, just so I can back save to share a file with someone who has CS6? This is more annoying the Keylight Crashing in CC2015 ALL THE TIME.... This needs to be fixed...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

shiznit1994 wrote:

I have CC2015, so I have to install CC2014, CC2012, just so I can back save to share a file with someone who has CS6?

You don't have to install CC 2014 to save back. CC 2014 and CC 2015 are both version 13 of AE, so you can Save As CC (version 12) from CC 2015 too. But, yes, it's a bit annoying that you have to open in a different version to save it back another step. Although, it wasn't that long ago when you couldn't save back AT ALL, so this is a significant improvement on that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines