• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images paste incorrectly

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After copying screenshot image and pasting into a topic, the image appears extremely low resolution (images and gradients - looks like living room blinds).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the image been resized somewhere along the line?

What format is it?

What is the source of the image?

Which version of Rh?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it hasn’t been resized.

The image is placed in a temporary editor (Snagit editor – the file type is listed as “unsaved”). Previously, I had no problems just copying and pasting from the editor into RoboHelp.

The source is my company’s billing software (testing environment – live environment does the same).

RoboHelp 10

I read a post of another person with the same issue and discovered something they had….previously, if you pasted into RH, it would paste as a .jpg. Now, it’s pastes as a .gif. If you save the image from the Snagit Editor to the hard drive (as a .png for example), then right-click in the topic and choose the “insert image” option, it works perfectly. However, this adds several steps to the process. Screenshots of windows that don’t contain a dense gradient look fine with the traditional short method, so it’s a rare problem in my case, I just want to know why it’s different now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is along the lines I expected. You cannot control the format when pasting and what you are getting is just not supporting the way the image is created to start with. Sorry to say but I think you have to go through the steps to have it saved as a PNG that supports your image.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I figured; but odd that it did not used to behave this way. I have concrete proof of it - as I still have my old PC tower at my desk and ran a test on it using the dense gradient image. The short, copy and paste method worked like a charm. It just doesn't with my new PC. Thanks for your help, Peter, I appreciate all the work you do with RH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Rh did it work in?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 10 - the exact same build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Likely, for whatever reason, before it was sensing that the image should be in JPG format. JPG has millions of colors. My guess is that it's now sensing and saving as .GIF (256 color palette) so the colors are being dithered.

Really, this just exemplifies why you shouldn't ever really consider pasting into RoboHelp. As Peter stated, save the image first using either SnagIt or RoboScreenCapture, then insert the image reference in RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp