• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Password change form

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched around a bit and haven't found anything, and so far experiments at hacking apart different forms have proved fruitless - does anyone know of a way to embed a password-update form?

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

In the admin under the available modules there is the update details form so when a person is logged in they can update their password. No hacks, not hidden away - Always been a BC feature Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the admin under the available modules there is the update details form so when a person is logged in they can update their password. No hacks, not hidden away - Always been a BC feature Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue I was having is that the person who set up the site actually added a ton of junk to the CRM, so to do a simple password update, I had to trim out a bunch of unwanted fields, which, in the process, removed the email field, which it turns out is essential to the password update form actually functioning.  Point is, for anyone else curious, if you want ONLY the password update form (three inputs total), use the form referred to by Liam (found under secure zones), strip out all the other inputs EXCEPT email; simply hide that form input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Key thing is that BC needs the email, it is the primary key to the CRM as it were so it is required in every form you use in BC. Still having the first and last names is important to ensure it does not get messed up same with username. You can css hide them and have the modules as the values to ensure they are the right ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense about the email, but I'm not sure I follow what you're saying about the other user details.  Is it actually somehow problematic not including those form inputs?  Surely BC doesn't wipe out the data simply because the inputs weren't included in the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have never used things like it's CRM API then, lol

Welcome to BC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines