• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse overwrites any SEO title Tag or Description changes made in Business Catlayst. Is there a work aorund to this? The sites do NOT merge or Muse does not detect the changes made.

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please advise if there is a work around. If not, Adobe really should fix this issue.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you've noticed, Muse will clobber any changes made to the pages Muse works with that have been done outside Muse*. Are the page title features provided not enough for your purposes? Does the information in this thread help at all: Re: How do I add Meta tags to pages?

* Excepting changes made through 'In-Browser Editing'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob, you can go into site settings and untick the option so Muse will first read page changes made. I do not use Muse so I do not know the exact setting wording. But it will be in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone through the settings in Muse CC, found nothing but the normal 'In-Browser Editing' sync feature.

Even manually running 'File › Sync with Web Version' didn't pick up meta tag changes I'd made in BC.

There's nothing I could find in the help files, or on the web, about a sync feature any better than the IBE sync.

I would be astounded if Muse could merge even moderately complex changes made outside IBE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The setting is in BC under settings isn't it?

But it is Muse,

Not really the thing to use to build actual websites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines