• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does CF11 seem to sleep after no access within a few minutes?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using CF10 and my site response time was quick, especially on my local development machine.  I upgraded my development and live servers to CF11 and both seem to have a delay in first access.  It seems to be client and possibly browser specific.  If I just walk away for about 10 minutes and come back, then when I try to load my site (on my local machine) it takes about 10 seconds to load.  As long as I keep using it it is fast and responsive, but if I walk away for 10 minutes again and come back, it seems to have to wake up.

Is there a setting that I can tune?  Is anyone else seeing this?

I will also make note that even if one website I am developing on is quick and responsive, as soon as I try to access another website using the same IIS and CF11 then it has a wait time.  It is like it is figuring something out with the browser before it is willing to load.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools then click on "Services"; then scroll to coldfusion application server and ODBC Agent, then make sure you set the startup type to "Automatic" rather than "Automatic (Delayed Start)". CF version should not matter in the delay, I have it so fast with a blink of eye on win 8.

cfServices.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that was a great thing to check.  Mine are set to "automatic".  I don't think that would be it anyway, because it is not just when the service starts, it is constantly sleeps just by not accessing the page for 10 minutes, then when I come back to the page it has to wake up or do something.

One thing I am curious into looking into is something to do with storing client information.  I wonder if after the session has timed out if it has to make a client connection and setup information before it will show the page.  It may be what I am setting in my application.  Here is what I have in the basic format (this is everything that I see that deals with my session management):

application.cfc

<cfcomponent output="false">

<cfscript>

//Set Application variables and session management

this.name = "mywebsite";

this.applicationTimeout = createTimeSpan(0,0,45,0);

this.datasource="myDSN";

this.sessionmanagement = "true";

this.sessiontimeout = createTimeSpan(0,1,00,0);

this.scriptProtect = "all";

</cfscript>

<cffunction name="onApplicationStart" returntype="boolean" output="true">

<cfscript>

application.sessions = 0;

</cfscript>

</cffunction>

<cffunction name="onSessionStart" access="public" returntype="void" output="false">

<cfset var rootDir = "">

<cfparam name="application.sessions" default="0">

<cfscript>

session.started = now();

</cfscript>

<cflock scope="SESSION" throwontimeout="No" timeout="5" type="Exclusive">

<cfset application.sessions = application.sessions + 1>

</cflock>

</cffunction>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That really sounds like the issue, I hope it is!  Fingers Crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned in the bug send an e-mail to cf.install@adobe.com for hotfix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emailed, received the HotFix and it is working great now, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems your resolved tho I was wondering if you changed CF11 from using AJP-BIO to AJP-APR by installing a current

tomcat native dll in ColdFusion11\cfusion\lib .

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation